CMLL Study Abroad Scholarship
The Department of Classical & Modern Languages & Literatures (CMLL) is proud to offer our students financial support to study abroad. Studying abroad provides a rich opportunity to develop language proficiency, gain international experience, and cultivate professional skills in an immersive, real-world context. We are committed to making that opportunity more financially accessible for all through awards ranging between $1,000 and $5,000.
In addition to applying the CMLL Study Abroad Scholarship, students must apply to the study abroad program of their choice by the appropriate deadline. Please be aware that the study abroad program application deadlines may be in advance of the CMLL Study Abroad Scholarship application deadlines. Our goal is to select and notify awardees of their scholarship in advance of the TTU study abroad program commitment deadlines.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Preference given to CMLL majors/minors
- Preference given to students demonstrating financial need
- Preference given to students studying on faculty-led study abroad programs including those hosted by TTU centers in Spain and Costa Rica
Students can expect similar deadlines in future application cycles but should expect some variance. No late submissions will be considered.
Summer 2023 & Fall 2023 Application Cycle
Applications Open: October 3, 2022
Applications Due: February 27, 2023
Awards Announced: March 13, 2023
Decision Deadline: March 20, 2023
UPDATE: As of 03/15/2023, all Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 awardees have been notified.
Applications Open: April 3, 2023
Applications Due: October 2, 2023*
Awards Announced: October 16, 2023*
Decision Deadline: October 23, 2023*
*Dates subject to change.
1. Student selects a study abroad program and applies for the program by the appropriate deadline.
2. Student applies for the CMLL Study Abroad Scholarship.
3. Scholarship applications are screened for minimum requirements by the CMLL Scholarship Director.
4. Applications are forwarded on to language & culture program for review.
5. Program selects awardees and determines award amounts.
6. Awardees are notified by the CMLL Scholarship Director.
7. Awardees must declare their decision to accept or decline the award by decision deadline.
8. The scholarship will be deposited into the awardee's Student Business Services account at the beginning of the semester in which they begin the study abroad program. If applicable, all outstanding tuition and fees will be deducted from your scholarship money up front. The remainder of the funds will be directly deposited into your bank account should you have set up direct deposit with Student Business Services. For more information and for instructions to set up direct deposit, please visit: Student Business Services
- Scholarship awards are contingent upon enrollment and participation in an approved study abroad program. If a student receives and accepts an award but does not ultimately study abroad, their award will be withdrawn. Participation in a study abroad program will be verified with the Study Abroad office.
- If a student is not accepted to the study abroad program named in their application and/or decides to enroll in a different study abroad program than the one named in their application, the student must notify the CMLL Scholarship Director immediately.
- Awardees must commit to completing all study abroad follow-up activities as specified in the award letter. Such activities may include, for example, the creation of several videos in response to reflection prompts during and after the study abroad experience.
Classical & Modern Languages & Literatures
AddressCMLL Building, 2906 18th St, Lubbock, TX 79409