Career Services: Students
Job Fair Dress Code Will Be Enforced
Utilizing Your Talents
The Whitacre College of Engineering has a long tradition of providing students with an excellent education. In fact, the Wall Street Journal has named Texas Tech among the top 25 engineering schools in the nation. However, your studies are only part of the equation. The best thing you can do to get a leg up on other graduates in the job market is to have some experience to go with your degree. We can help you make that happen. Login to Job Grid in order to post your résumé and search for co-ops, internships, and full-time positions. Also, be sure to plan ahead for our semi-annual Job Fairs. They are the best place to showcase your talents to more than one hundred companies looking for talented graduates. At the Whitacre College of Engineering, we do everything in our power to connect bright students with the best employers in the world.
Basic Steps to Success
- Draft or update your college resume using documents on the Career Resources page and have it reviewed at the EOC at least once per semester
- Log in to Job Grid and complete/update your profile regularly
- Attend workshops and trainings to prepare for the job search process (schedule on Job Grid)
- Review documents on the Career Resources page to help you prepare for recruiting events
- Attend Job Fair and company events like info sessions to meet recruiters (schedule on Job Grid)
- Apply for internship/full-time OCI's (On-Campus Interviews) and Job Listings on Job Grid and other job boards
- Maintain connections with recruiters and other professional contacts by connecting with them on LinkedIn and attending events
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
**Please check Job Grid regularly for upcoming events and more details on job postings. Events and postings will continue throughout the year, not just around Job Fair time.