Career Services: Students
Utilizing Your Talents
The Whitacre College of Engineering has a long tradition of providing students with an excellent education. In fact, the Wall Street Journal has named Texas Tech among the top 25 engineering schools in the nation and US News & World Report has ranked Texas Tech in the top 100 engineering programs in the nation. However, your studies are only part of the equation. When you enter the job market, you will want experience to go with your degree, and we can help you make that happen. Log in to Job Grid to post your resume and search for co-ops, internships, and full-time positions. Also, be sure to plan ahead for our semi-annual Job Fairs. They are the best place to showcase your talents to companies looking for talented graduates. At the Whitacre College of Engineering, we do everything in our power to connect bright students with the best employers in the world.
Basic Steps to Success
- Draft or update your college resume using documents on the Career Resources page and have them reviewed by the EOC at least once per semester
- Log in to Job Grid and complete/update your profile regularly
- Attend workshops and trainings to prepare for the job search process (schedule on Job Grid)
- Review documents on the Career Resources page to help you prepare for recruiting events
- Attend Job Fair and company events like info sessions to meet recruiters (schedule on Job Grid)
- Apply for internship/full-time OCI's (On-Campus Interviews) and Job Listings on Job Grid and other job boards
- Maintain connections with recruiters and other professional contacts by connecting with them on LinkedIn and attending events
- Email email@example.com with any questions
**Please check Job Grid regularly for upcoming events and more details on job postings. Events and postings will continue throughout the year, not just around Job Fair time.