Important Information for your Commencement Ceremony
The Graduate School Spring 2020 commencement will be held on Friday, May 15, 2020 at 7:30 pm in the United Supermarket Arena. This ceremony is for Masters and Doctoral students who have submitted an application to graduate for the Spring 2020 term.
You may order your regalia online here.
All students will receive an email from Marching Order to indicate whether you plan to attend the ceremony or not. Please fill out this registration, regardless if you are attending or not, as we use this information to gather how you would like your name printed on your diploma, as well as, your diploma mailing address. The first email for Marching Order will go out March 9th, and the deadline to complete the registration is April 28th. If you have not received this email by March 16th, please reach out to Katie Chapman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have the email resent.
Students may not have any type of decoration on their caps (mortar boards). Caps that have any type of decor will be exchanged for a plain cap.
- All Students need to arrive no later than 1 hour prior to the start of their ceremony. Park in the commuter west lot and enter through the drive-in bay entry at the north end of the arena (ramp located in the middle of the parking lot on the north side).
- Signs and staff will direct students to the check-in tables located at the entrance. Students will receive a reader card (printed with student's name and a seat number).
- Students should proceed into the Practice Court and locate the matching seat number as indicated on the reader card. Please keep your card in hand at all times prior to and during the ceremony.
- Doctoral candidates will carry their hoods and be formally hooded by their major professor(s). Professor(s) hooding doctoral candidates should be in the practice court no later than 1 hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Master's candidates will wear their hoods.
If a student is not able to attend the commencement during their term of graduation due to extenuating circumstances, as a courtesy offered by the Graduate School, a student has the option of deferring their commencement walk. However, please be aware that the student may only defer to the term immediately following their official graduation semester. To defer your walk, please fill out this form and return to the Graduate Enrollment Services team via email, email@example.com
Diplomas and certificates will not be distributed at commencement. Diplomas and certificates will be available to pick up for 5 business days following commencement for all graduates who have been cleared for graduation and have had all holds cleared from their records. You can pick up the diplomas from the Graduate School office, located in room 328 of the Administration Building.
After the 5 business days, diplomas that have not been picked up will be mailed to the address listed on the application to graduate. Please allow 4-6 weeks after graduation to receive your diploma.
As per Texas Tech University Operating Procedures: a student may only receive 1 diploma.
If you have filed an application to graduate and will not complete all requirements for graduation this Spring 2020, please work with your department to update your graduation status.
For more information about commencement visit the Provost's Office website.
AddressAdministration Building 328, Texas Tech University, 2625 Memorial Circle, Lubbock, TX 79409-1030