Important Information for your Commencement Ceremony
The Graduate School's Spring 2023 in-person commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, May 12, 2023, at 6:30pm in the United Supermarkets Arena. This ceremony is for Master's and Doctoral students who registered for the in-person ceremony via Marching Order.
- Check-in will take place in the United Supermarkets Arena. All Students will enter through the drive-in bay entry at the north end of the arena (ramp located in the middle of the parking lot on the north side).
- Students should plan to arrive 45 minutes prior to the ceremony start time.
- Students MUST print their own GradPass and bring it with them to the ceremony.
- Doctoral candidates will carry their hoods and will be formally hooded by their major
professor during the ceremony.
- Professors hooding doctoral candidates should arrive to the arena with their students 45 minutes prior to the start of the 6:30pm ceremony to ensure you may both be seated next to one another.
- If you arrive prior to your hooding professor, please visit the Doctoral/PhD Check-In table where you will be provided with a card to reserve your hooding professors seat.
- Master's candidates should arrive already wearing their hoods.
- All Master's and Doctoral students will sit in the designated Graduate School section.
- Graduates will be announced in the order that they sit down. Individual recognition will not be by alphabetical order.
- There will not be room for graduates to store items. Please arrive with only the items you can carry in your pockets or hands.
- Tickets will not be required for guests.
- The clear bag policy will be in effect for guests and graduates.
Diplomas and Certificates:
- Diplomas and certificates will not be distributed at commencement but will be mailed in June to all graduates who have been cleared for graduation and have had all holds removed from their records. Please allow up to 6 weeks after commencement to receive your diploma or certificate.
- As per Texas Tech University Operating Procedures: A student may only receive 1 diploma.
AddressAdministration Building 328, Texas Tech University, 2625 Memorial Circle, Lubbock, TX 79409-1030