Important Information for your Commencement Ceremony
The Graduate School's Fall 2023 in-person commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, December 15, 2023, at 7:00pm in the United Supermarkets Arena. This ceremony is for Master's and Doctoral students who registered for the in-person ceremony via Marching Order.
- Check-in will take place in the United Supermarkets Arena. All Students will enter through the drive-in bay entry at the north end of the arena (ramp located in the middle of the parking lot on the north side).
- Students should plan to arrive 45 minutes prior to the ceremony start time.
- Students MUST print their own GradPass and bring it with them to the ceremony.
- Doctoral candidates will carry their hoods and will be formally hooded by their major
professor during the ceremony.
- Professors hooding doctoral candidates should arrive to the arena with their students 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony to ensure you may both be seated next to one another.
- If you arrive prior to your hooding professor, please visit the Doctoral/PhD Check-In table where you will be provided with a card to reserve your hooding professors seat.
- Master's candidates should arrive already wearing their hoods.
- All Master's and Doctoral students will sit in the designated Graduate School section.
- Graduates will be announced in the order that they sit down. Individual recognition will not be by alphabetical order.
- There will not be room for graduates to store items. Please arrive with only the items you can carry in your pockets or hands.
- Tickets will not be required for guests.
- The clear bag policy will be in effect for guests.
AddressAdministration Building 328, Texas Tech University, 2625 Memorial Circle, Lubbock, TX 79409-1030