SACS Application Instructions
- 2.7 for undergraduate students
- 3.0 for graduate students
- 2.0 for Law students
- Enrolled as a full-time Texas Tech University student.
- Students studying at another University are not eligible to apply. This includes other institutions within the Texas Tech University system, like the Health Sciences Center, Angelo State University, etc.
- Participating in a credit-bearing TTU Study Abroad program OR studying at TTU as an international student on an F-1
- For semester awards, graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 hours and undergraduates must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours
- For summer awards, graduate and undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours for programs 6 weeks or longer; 3 hours for programs less than 6 weeks in duration
- Students who are currently studying at TTU as an international student on an F-1 visa may apply for the SACS each term that they are enrolled at TTU, including summer sessions.
- Students are not eligible for the SACS until they have a Texas Tech GPA. Therefore, students in their first semester at Texas Tech are not eligible.
- Only complete applications that are submitted by the deadline will be accepted and reviewed by the awards committee. Please see application deadlines.
Submitting Official Transcripts
- Request one (1) official Texas Tech University transcript (must be sealed in the original envelope) from the Office of the Registrar in West Hall, Room 103
- NO FAXED COPIES ACCEPTED. Transcripts may be brought to the Study Abroad Office in person, sent through Campus Mail (Mailstop is 5004), or mailed to:
Study Abroad Office
601 Indiana Ave., MS 5004
Lubbock, TX 79409-5004
Requesting Recommendations Using the Electronic Recommender Form
- At least one of your recommendations must be completed by a member of TTU faculty (to include full professors, assistant professors, associate professors, graduate part-time instructors, and other instructors of record). Recommendations completed by faculty/staff from a different institution will be accepted if and only if the applicant is a transfer student or a new (first-semester) graduate student.
- While both recommendations may be completed by two TTU faculty members, one of the recommendation letters may be completed by an appropriate recommender. Examples of appropriate recommenders include: non-TTU faculty, research advisers, student organization advisers, internship and/or work supervisors, and military supervisors.
- NOTE: The following people will be considered inappropriate recommenders: family and relatives; family friends; friends and peers; coworkers; classmates; fellow graduate students; neighbors; significant others; coaches; elementary and middle school teachers; high school teachers (unless the applicant is a first-year student); tutors; lawyers; and pastors and/or politicians (unless the applicant has worked with them directly). Inappropriate recommendations will receive a score of 0 on this part of the application.
- Recommendations must be submitted to the online application by 5 p.m. on the deadline date. If two recommendations are not received by 5 p.m. on the deadline date, then your entire application will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the SACS Awards Committee for consideration.
Paper recommendations and letters of recommendation will not be accepted. All recommendations must be submitting using the electronic recommender form.