Student Media Committee
The Student Media Committee is responsible for advising the vice president for student affairs on matters relating to student media.
Appointments will be made by the vice president for student affairs from nominations received through standard procedures. Terms for faculty and staff members are three years, one year for students. Committee members may be reappointed.
The committee will develop its own operating procedures subject to approval by the vice president for student affairs. Copies of any minutes or reports are to be provided to the vice president for student affairs, to the Faculty Senate, and to the University Library. The chairperson may be invited to visit the Faculty Senate to inform the Senate of the activities of the committee during the year.
The committee will elect its chairperson annually from the faculty members who are in their final year of service.
See below membership code.
|Name||College/Department||Membership Code||Term Began||Term Ends|
|Aiken, Avery||Student Member||
|Calamoneri, Tanya||College of Visual and Performing Arts||
|Chambers, Emily||Student Member||
|Do, Christopher||Student Member||
|Eko, Leo||College of Media and Communication||
|Fedler, Cliff||Whitacre College of Engineering||
|Li, Nan||Ag Education and Communications||1||2018||2021|
|Millan, Abraham||Student Member||2||2020||2021|
|Paxton, Madison||Student Member||2||2020||2021|
|Rice, Rich||College of Arts and Sciences||1||2018||2021|
|Schmitt, Hailey||Student Member||2||2020||2021|
|Thurston, Jaret||Student Member||2||2020||2021|
|Peterson, Susan||Director of Student Media||3||Ex-officio|
|Winegarner, Brett||Alumni Association Marketing & Communications||5||Ex-officio|
|Young, Glenys||Student Media Alumni Representative||4||Ex-officio|
- Six (6) faculty members, only one from the College of Media and Communication.
- Six (6) student members, none of whom shall be paid staff members of The Daily Toreador , La Ventana or Freshman Directory or elected officers or members of the Student Government Association.
- Director of Student Media, ex-officio, nonvoting
- Representative from Student Media alumni with professional publications experience, ex-officio, nonvoting
- Representative from campus publications, ex-officio, nonvoting