Timeline for Core Curriculum and Multicultural Course Proposal, Review, and Approval
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) allows institutions to propose changes to their approved Core Curricula once per calendar year. To make sure that our Core Curriculum is approved in time to be published in the subsequent year's catalog copy and available for students to view in time for advanced registration preceding each fall term, we aim to submit our proposed changes to the THECB by February 1 annually. The Core Curriculum Committee has developed a calendar that supports this deadline. Please review this calendar as you are planning to submit a new or make changes to an existing course for the Core Curriculum and/or Multicultural Area. Please note that all proposals for new or changes to existing Core Curriculum and Multicultural courses must have departmental approval, college approval, Core Curriculum Committee approval, and Academic Council approval.
October 20, 2017
- Deadline for submission of proposals for new or changes to existing Core Curriculum and Multicultural courses.
- Please note that the Core and Multicultural Curriculum Committee cannot review proposals for new courses that are not yet approved by Academic Council. If you are proposing a new course for inclusion in the Core Curriculum and/or Multicultural Areas, your course must be reviewed no later than the October 17, 2017 meeting of the Academic Council. Please be sure to consult with your college about whether your college will consider, simultaneously, the proposal of a new course and the proposal of that course for a core curriculum area and/or the multicultural requirement.
November 3, 2017
- Proposers and submitters will be notified of Core and Multicultural Curriculum Committee decision. Information on how proposals are reviewed and what kind of decisions may be made is available on the "Information about Review of Course Proposals".
- Proposals requiring revision will be sent to the proposer and submitter for revision request. Please note that a revision request is not a guarantee that, once revised, a proposal will be accepted.
November 17, 2017
- Deadline for submission of revised proposals.
December 8, 2017
- Proposers and submitters notified of Core Curriculum Committee decision on revised proposals.
- All approved proposals will be presented as informational items at the January 16, 2018 Academic Council meeting.
January 17, 2018
- All approved proposals submitted to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board for review.