Core and Multicultural Submission Information and Timeline
Proposing a new or existing course for the Core and Multicultural Curriculum (CMC), changing an existing CMC course, or deleting an existing CMC course all follow the deadlines described below.
October 17, 2023
- New course proposals must be at the Academic Council step. This is because brand new courses being proposed for the Core Curriculum must be approved as new courses prior to their consideration for inclusion in the Core Curriculum. If the new course is approved as core and was designated in the Curriculog proposal to be part of CMC, the proposal will be routed to the appropriate subcommittee.
November 7, 2023
- All proposals must be at the appropriate CMC step in Curriculog. For example: an existing course being proposed for the CMC from the department to an administrative review and then to the college before it gets moved on to the respective CMC subcommittee in Curriculog. Proposers should launch their proposals early enough to ensure that the proposals can move through the required steps and still reach the appropriate CMC area by November 7.
December 8, 2023
- Proposers and submitters will be notified of the Core Curriculum Committee decisions.
- Proposals requiring revision will be sent to the proposer (with copies to chair/director and associate dean) for revision request.
January 12, 2024
- Deadline for submission of revised proposals.
February 5, 2024
- Proposers and submitters are notified of CMC Committee recommendations on revised proposals.
- All approved proposals will be presented at the February 2023 Academic Council meeting.
June 1, 2024
- All approved core curriculum courses are submitted to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
The Core and Multicultural Curriculum website contains the following resources to assist faculty members who are considering submitting proposals to the Core and Multicultural Curriculum committee. Included in the resources are:
- General purpose of the Core and Multicultural Curriculum
- Helpful tips for proposing, changing, and/or deleting a course
- Explanation of the THECB's role
- Detailed timeline
- Listing of CMC Committee members
- Information for IoRs
- Information for chairs and directors