We require a non-refundable application fee of $75 to complete your application.
If you have paid or plan to pay the fee on your ApplyTexas application, there is no need to pay again.
If paying with personal check or cashier's check, please include applicant's full name and date of birth on check. Please mail the check to the following address.
Texas Tech University
Attn: Undergraduate Admissions
PO Box 45005
Lubbock, TX 79409
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions supports a fee waiver program for qualifying freshman and transfer applicants. The waiver covers the cost of the application fee to Texas Tech University. To qualify, the applicant must demonstrate the application fee presents a significant financial hardship and be one of the following:
- a United States Citizen, or
- a permanent resident, or
- a student identified under Senate Bill 1528 (79th Legislature, 2005) as a resident of Texas.
Texas Tech does not accept ACT, SAT, NACAC, or other outside fee waivers for undergraduate applications.
Under this fee waiver program, the following applicants are ineligible for a fee waiver and are required to pay the application or reactivation fee.
- Academic Fresh Start applicants
- International applicants
- Returning Former Tech applicants
- Second-degree applicantsVisiting Transient/Non-Degree applicants
For full-time employees of the university, please review the Staff/Faculty fee waiver information listed below.
Qualifying applicants may request a fee waiver by submitting their application via applytexas.org and when prompted for payment, select "Request for Fee Waiver."
Applicants will then submit documentation to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to verify their eligibility via one of the following options listed below:
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
On the FAFSA application, list Texas Tech University by entering the FICE code 003644 under school information.
Each applicant is different and unique, therefore eligibility requirements differ between traditional freshman, non-traditional freshman and transfer applicants. The following is a brief explanation of the eligibility requirements through the FAFSA:
- Traditional Freshman applicants must demonstrate their family's income is below or equal to, the Federal Economic Index for the Free & Reduced-Price Lunch program, as set by the USDA.
- Non-traditional Freshman & Transfer applicants must have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of zero dollars ($0), as calculated by FAFSA.
Federal Economic Index
|Household Size||Total Income|
Add $4,420 for each additional person over 6.
Source: USDA Food & Nutrition Service
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic award year of 2020-2021 will open Oct. 1, 2019. Reviews for the 2020-2021 FAFSAs will begin approximately Nov. 1, 2019.
For applicants requesting a fee waiver prior to Nov. 1, 2019, proceed to option 2.
Submit the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Request Form.
In conjunction with the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Request form, applicants
must submit supporting documentation. The following are the approved documentation
options. Submit the correct supporting documentation based on your current circumstance.
- I am a current high school senior, and my family's total income is at or below the
federal economic index for free/reduced lunch eligibility.
- Provide a copy of your family's 2018 U.S. income tax return, pages 1 & 2 of the 1040 form.
- I am a current high school senior who is Homeless/an Unaccompanied Youth.
- Provide a letter from your high school district's Homeless Liaison that verifies this status.
- I am homeless.
- Provide a letter from the current homeless shelter that verifies this status.
- My family and I receive public assistance (SNAP, TANF, WIC, etc.).
- Provide a current copy of the formal award letter from the public assistance agency.
- I live in subsidized public housing.
- Provide a current copy of the formal housing letter from the public housing agency.
- I am a person who is deaf.
- Provide a copy of the certification by the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services or the Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services.
- I am a person who is blind.
- Provide a copy of the certification by the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services or the Division for Blind Services.
- I am a current high school senior, and my family's total income is at or below the federal economic index for free/reduced lunch eligibility.
Failure to provide the correct documentation will delay the review of the fee waiver request. Submission of the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Request Form does not guarantee approval. All documentation must be attached to the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Form.
Please send the completed form and all supporting documentation to:
Texas Tech University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Lubbock, TX 79409-5005
Staff/Faculty Fee Waiver
Are you a full-time TTU or TTUHSC Staff of Faculty member?
Are you, your spouse or one of your dependents applying as an undergraduate student with Texas Tech University?
Then you may qualify for the TTU Undergraduate Staff/Faculty Fee Waiver. Please review
the Staff/Faculty form for more details.
Have questions or need assistance? Our staff is here to help.
2500 Broadway, West Hall Room 100
Lubbock, TX 79409-5005