Aggie of the Month: Paige Purvis
Major: Natural Resources Management, Conservation track; Classification: Junior; Age: 21; Organization: Society for Conservation Biology; Hometown: Liberty Hill; Month: January 2013
- Reason why you came to Texas Tech: I really liked the Department of Natural Resources Management and my major would give me a good foundation to help me continue on to graduate school.
- Favorite Thing about Texas Tech: I love all the tradition and loyalty that is related with Texas Tech. Everyone is always so proud to be going to this University.
- Favorite Thing about CASNR: CASNR is a smaller college that enables you to have a more personal relationship with your professors. Regardless of a their Department within CASNR they are always willing to help you in any way they can.
- Career Goals: I hope to graduate from Texas Tech in May of 2014 and then continue my education in graduate school and receive my Master's Degree in wildlife management. I would like to work with big game management company or conservation education and possibly conduct my own research one day.
- What does the honor of being an Aggie of the Month mean to you: I am honored to be the Aggie of the Month. There are many of people who work hard for their organization and CASNR and I am humbled that those people believed that I worked hard enough to receive this title.
CONTACT: Cindy Akers, Associate Dean of Academic and Student Programs and Ag Council Advisor, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It