Distinguished Alumni & Outstanding Young Alumni Awards presented
Texas Tech University's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources honored six distinguished alumni on Monday (Feb. 15) at the university's McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center. The Distinguished Alumni & Outstanding Young Alumni Awards honor graduates who've made significant contributions to society, and whose accomplishments and careers have brought distinction to the college and to the professions associated with agriculture and natural resources.
The recipients of this year's Distinguished Alumni Awards were:
- Jody Bellah of Throckmorton. The Owner and Manager of Jody Bellah Ranch, Bellah received a bachelor's degree in agricultural economics in 1981.
- Berhl RobertsonJr. of Lubbock. The Superintendent with Lubbock Independent School District, Robertson received a bachelor's and master's degree in agricultural education in 1985 and 1992.
- Frank Mitloehner of Davis, Calif. A Professor and Air Quality CE Specialist with the University of California-Davis' Department of Animal Science, Mitloehner received a Ph.D. in animal science in 2000.
- Chad Davis of Lubbock. The Firm Principal with Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Davis received a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture in 1994.
- James Anderson of Reedsville, West Virginia. The Davis-Michael Professor of Forestry and Natural Resources at West Virginia University, Anderson received a Ph.D. in wildlife science in 1997.
- Scott Asher of Greensboro, North Carolina. The Eastern Region Agronomic Service Manager with Bayer CropScience, Asher earned a master's degree in crop science in 1998.
In addition, the college recognized one outstanding young alumnus. The recipient of the 2016 Outstanding Young Alumni Award was Matthew Schertz of Washington, D.C. The Policy Director for the House Agriculture Committee, Schertz earned a bachelor's degree in agricultural and applied economics in 2001.
CONTACT: Tracee Murph, Coordinator of Alumni Relations, Office of Development & Alumni Relations, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2802 or email@example.com
Written by Norman Martin
0216NM16 / Editor's Note: (Pictured in main photo, clockwise from top, left) Jody Bellah, Berhl Robertson, Chad Davis, Scott Asher, James Anderson and Frank Mitloehner
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It