All students in Biological Sciences are assigned to an academic advisor by last name. Students are welcome and encouraged to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor on a regular basis not just when you have a registration hold.
Biology advising at Texas Tech is not about meeting as a roadblock to registering for classes, it is about making collaborative decisions with your advisor that will help you meet your educational goals. We see advising as a relationship with equal parts of responsibility and engage in productive discussions on achieving educational and career goals.
- Aug 25: Classes Begin
- Aug 30: Last day to add a class
- Sept 12: Last day to drop a course without academic penalty
- Nov 22: Last day to drop a course with academic penalty or withdraw from the university
- Dec 8-13: Final Exams
- Dec 13: Last day of classes; Semester Ends
Meet Your Advisors
30-minute appointments are made M-F from 9-12 and 1-4. To schedule an appointment login to strive.ttu.edu or email your advisor. Please include your R#, the reason for the appointment, and 3 options for available meeting times. Students wishing to minor in Biology or Health Professions do not require an appointment.
These worksheets serve as a guide to allow students to ensure they are enrolled in the correct classes. If you are enrolled in a course that does not appear on your worksheet contact your Advisor.
2021 and Beyond Worksheets
You are assured admission if you are graduating from an accredited high school and present the required combination of high school class rank and college entrance test scores indicated below.
Class Rank Test Scores* ACT SAT
Top 10% No minimum
(excluding top 10%) 24 1180
Second Quarter 26 1260
Third Quarter 27 1290
Fourth Quarter Application Review
*ACT composite score; SAT reflects evidence-based reading and writing, and math; The highest section scores from multiple tests on the ACT and SAT will be used to maximize score. Assured admission is granted to all students who hold competitive scholarships awarded by an official Texas Tech University scholarship committee.
Transfer applicants will be assured admission if they meet the following requirements (cumulative GPA is calculated with transferable credit only):
Transferrable Credit Hours Transfer GPA
Departmental GPA minimum
- Any students entering in Fall 2018 or later must meet the TTU Assured Admission Standards to declare as a DBS major.
- Internal TTU transfer students must have a TTU GPA of 2.5 or better with a minimum 12 completed semester hours. External transfer students from other colleges and universities must have a GPA of 2.5 or better with a minimum 12 completed semester hours to declare as a DBS majors.
- Any student whose TTU GPA drops below 2.5 shall have one long semester to bring their TTU GPA back to 2.5; a student who fails to do so within that time limit shall be transferred out of DBS.