Online M.S. in Human Sciences
Request Info Apply
Program OverviewDegree & Course Details
Earn your online master's degree in Human Sciences from anywhere in the world
If you are passionate about human health and wellness and want to elevate your career, apply to start your master's degree in Human Sciences from Texas Tech. This online degree requires a minimum of 30 graduate credit hours. This online M.S. degree is available to both full-time and part-time students. The program of study is comprised of a 9-credit core curriculum as well as two elective areas of concentration (9-15 credit hours each). This degree has both a thesis and a non-thesis option. This degree is also available in person.
- The thesis option involves original scholarly research and prepares students for further graduate studies.
- Culminates in a capstone learning experience that prepares students to market themselves professionally and articulate the unique skill set they gained through their studies.
Consider our human sciences online master's degree if you want to:
Specialize to meet your educational goals: This degree is a great option for students looking to further their academic studies and learners wishing to facilitate career advancement. You will be able to customize your master's degree by selecting two academic areas to further boost your resume.
Choose the courses you want to study. Graduates of this program will possess a broad academic perspective and skills that are transferrable to a number of professional contexts. Your chosen concentrations will allow you to specialize according to the areas that most interest you.
M.S. in Human Sciences degree concentrations
Graduates of this program will possess a broad academic perspective and skills transferrable to several professional fields. Looking to change job fields or need to advance in your career? With flexible online courses, the next step in your career is one step away. Apply today.
Wondering what is a master's degree in Human Sciences? The Human Sciences M.S. online degree will allow you to specialize in your areas of interest. Students will select two areas of concentration for this degree. Choose two from the following academic areas:
- Community, Family, and Addiction Sciences
- Interior and Environmental Design
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Health Professions
- Hospitality and Retail Management
- Human Development and Family Sciences
- Nutritional Sciences
- Personal Financial Planning
Students can also choose to apply coursework from select Texas Tech University graduate certificates to fulfill degree requirements. Common focus areas include:
- Charitable Financial Planning
- Life-Centered Financial Planning
- Youth Development Specialist
- Youth Program Management and Evaluation
- Women and Gender Studies
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Texas Tech offers a variety of online graduate degrees that will provide a competitive advantage—like the online master's in human sciences. This degree will empower you to improve and enhance human health and wellness. The human sciences M.S. degree can prepare you for a variety of career paths. Common career paths include:
- Health care administration
- Nonprofit leadership
- Healthcare and wellness
- Patient advocacy
- Community-based social services
- Government and public policy
- Faith-based programs
The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects employment in Human Sciences fields to increase by 10 percent by 2024.
Request Information Online
Contact the Program Director
- Email: Dottie.Durband@ttu.edu
College of Human Sciences
AddressCollege of Human Sciences, Texas Tech University, P.O. Box 41162, Lubbock, TX 79409-1162