Dietetic Internship Application & Requirements
Home | About | Site Locations | Requirements and Application | Financial Assistance and Expenses | Health Requirements | Mission and Program Goals | Timelines
- For the Spring dietetic internship match, Texas Tech University Dietetic Internship will be participating in the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). The program may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org, e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. DICAS will be available the first week of December for the Spring Match. The fee to use DICAS is $50 for the first application submitted and $25 for each additional application. (see last item in this section for additional information needed for the TTU dietetic internship application in addition to DICAS application)
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- There is only one application in DICAS for Texas Tech University Dietetic Internship. If you are interested in 1,2, 3, or all 4 of our internship sites, you will enter those preferences into DND Digital.
Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career,
What are your short-term and long-term goals?
What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
1000 Word limit
Official transcripts from all colleges & universities attended should be sent to:DICAS- Transcript Dept PO Box 9118 Watertown, Ma 02472
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices. There is a $50.00 computer matching
fee. There is no application fee for the TTU Dietetic Internship, however, you will
need to pay fees to DICAS and D&D Digital.
- Please note: When you register for DND Digital you will need to rank your preference for Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa and/or San Angelo site(s). Even if you are OK with all four sites, you will have to rank these three choices separately. You can rank one, two, three, or all four sites.
- Codes for DND Digital:
#387 Texas Tech University, Lubbock site, Lubbock, TX
#165 Texas Tech University, Amarillo site, Lubbock, TX (Since Texas Tech University is based in Lubbock, TX, that is the city shown)
#105 Texas Tech University, Midland/Odessa site, Lubbock, TX (Since TTU is based in Lubbock, TX, that is the city shown)
#827 Texas Tech University, San Angelo site, Lubbock, TX (Since TTU is based in Lubbock, TX, that is the city shown)
- Additional information needed for Texas Tech University DI Selection Committee (in addition to DICAS application). You will be able to upload all of this on to your DICAS application as a supplement for our site. Log onto DND Digital for results. Matched applicants must contact the Dietetic Internship Director before 6:00 pm to confirm acceptance of their appointment.
- We do not conduct personal interviews, however, you are encouraged to personally visit the DI Director or visit via phone (806-834-1916), email or other digital avenues.
To be admitted to the Dietetic Internship/Master's Degree Program, all applicants must have:
- A verification statement indicating successful completion of all the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) academic requirements (accredited or approved by (ACEND) or Declaration of Intent to Complete DPD (obtain from your DPD Director).
- Completed a baccalaureate degree with a preferred overall grade point average of 3.0 or greater.
- Foreign students must submit TOFEL scores. All scores must be within 5 years of the time of application.
If a DPD verification statement is more than five years old, the student will need to meet current DPD/DI requirements.
The selection committee consisting of faculty and preceptors of the internship, will use a holistic approach when reviewing the following criteria that is available on the DICAS:
- GPA (Grade Point Average), Overall GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Work and Volunteer Experiences
- Three References (at least two from faculty in the major area of study)
- Personal statement
- Virtual Interview
- The virtual interview consists of three questions. It should be no longer than three
minutes in length. Applicants do not have to read the question word-for-word but should
paraphrase the question before answering. Answer the questions in the order provided
- Begin with a brief introduction of yourself at the beginning of the interview. Include your name and school affiliation.
- What are the characteristics of the TTU Dietetic Internship that led you to apply to our sites and why do you think you are a good fit for our dietetic internship?
- Identify an experience that you consider a defining moment in developing you into who you are today.
- You can upload your interview to YouTube and obtain a link to include with your application. You will include this link at the bottom of your personal statement in your DICAS application.
- The virtual interview consists of three questions. It should be no longer than three minutes in length. Applicants do not have to read the question word-for-word but should paraphrase the question before answering. Answer the questions in the order provided below:
Currently, the Dietetic Internship Program does not grant credit for prior learning experiences.
Application to Texas Tech University Graduate School
Submit application after you have been matched with the TTU internship. You do not need to apply to the Graduate School before the match. You will need 2 letters of recommendation for graduate school. Feel free to ask for these from those you used for your Dietetic Internship Application.
Steps to follow after you have matched with the TTU dietetic interns
- Submit the online Graduate School application. Complete scholarship application at the same time. Use the specific steps and instructions that will be sent you after matching and accepting the internship.
- Pay non-refundable application fee of $75, payable to TTU Graduate School
- Submit ALL official college transcripts and application fee to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Box 41030, Administration Bldg, Room 328
Lubbock, TX 79409
(You will not have to submit your recommendation letters - the internship application packet recommendation letter will be used for those)
NS Graduate MS online degree program information/contact:
Allison Childress, PhD, RDN, LD
Department of Nutritional Sciences
Texas Tech University
P.O. Box 41240
Lubbock, TX 79409
Computer Matching Process & Second Round Matching Steps
Second Round Match Application Process and Steps
To be eligible for the second-round application process, you must have received a "No Match" through the D&D Digital computer match process for the Spring Match and you must also meet the program requirements for application. Individuals who applied to the TTU DI Program during the first round, do not need to re-apply. Openings with TTU Dietetic internship sites will be listed on the D&D Digital Website as a program with openings.
Per second round matching steps, applicants that apply through DICAS will be reviewed in the order that they are received until the class is full. DICAS will be closed once all positions are filled.
You will be contacted via email or telephone if additional information is needed. If you are selected as a second-round appointment, you will be notified by phone. At the conclusion of the process, unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email that the internship class is complete.
AddressCollege of Human Sciences, Texas Tech University, P.O. Box 41162, Lubbock, TX 79409-1162