Dietetic Internship Program Goals
Home | About | Site Locations | Requirements and Application | Financial Assistance and Expenses | Health Requirements | Mission and Program Goals | Timelines
The Mission of the Texas Tech University Dietetic Internship is to provide diverse and innovative, supervised experiences that will prepare graduates to perform as entry-level Registered Dietitian/Nutritionists and contribute to the profession, and society as a whole through quality education utilizing evidence based practice and research for the purpose of enhancing the nutritional needs of society.
Goal #1: Graduates will be prepared to be competent entry level registered dietitian nutritionists who will utilize evidence based practice.
- At least 80% of program interns complete program/degree requirements within 17 months (150% of the program length)
- Of graduates who seek employment, at least 85% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- At least 90% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- The program's one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- When surveyed, at least 80% program graduates will agree that supervised practice rotation sites were adequate to prepare them for entry level practice with various diseases/conditions.
Goal #2: Graduates will be prepared to work in diverse areas of dietetics through a variety of supervised practice experiences who will meet the employment needs of the diverse West Texas Area.
- When surveyed, at least 80% of program graduates will agree that supervised practice rotation sites were adequate to prepare them for entry level practice with various diseases/conditions.
- At least 50% of program graduates are employed in the West Texas area within nine months of completion of the dietetic internship.
- When surveyed, at least 80% of employers will agree that program graduates are competent for entry level work as a RDN.
Program outcome data is available upon request.
AddressCollege of Human Sciences, Texas Tech University, P.O. Box 41162, Lubbock, TX 79409-1162