Chapter 35 Survivors' & Dependents' Education Assistance (DEA)
This checklist is for dependents of veterans looking to use benefits regarding Chapter 35 Dependent's Education Assistance. This checklist must be completed EVERY SEMESTER.
1. Degree Plan
- From your Raiderlink Portal access the DegreeWorks tab or go to degreeworks.texastech.edu. Download a PDF of your degree plan to upload into your VA Certification Request from your MVP Forms Portal.
2. Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for Chapter 35 Benefits
- Upload a current copy (less than 36 months old) of your VA Certificate of Eligibility
(COE) or Semester award letter from VA.gov in the MVP Forms Portal located at mvp.ttu.edu.
- The COE MUST have the student's full name, type of benefit awarded and time remaining for use of said benefit.
- A full-page uploaded screenshot of the entitled benefits, with the student's full name, type of benefit awarded and time remaining would suffice for us to verify your benefits.
- We encourage all students to formally request a mailed letter from the VA containing their benefits at least once a year.
3. Submit a Military Payment Plan Request to Student Business Services (SBS), located at West Hall, Third Floor
- Fill out a Military Payment Plan Request & submit it in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – It is offered at no cost, extends the payment deadline by up to two months, allows us time to process your VA certification request, & ensures you do not get dropped from courses for non-payment.
If you need assistance obtaining your COE, please call VA education benefits (Monday – Friday, 8:00am -7:00pm ET) at 1-888-442-4551, go online to va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ or call us at the Military & Veteran's Program Office at 806-742-6877 (Monday -Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm CST) or contact us at mvp.ttu.edu