Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill or Chapter 1606 RV MGIB Checklist
This checklist is for veterans looking to use their benefits regarding Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill or Chapter 1606 RV MGIB. This checklist must be completed EVERY SEMESTER.
1. Degree Plan
- From your Raiderlink Portal access the DegreeWorks tab or go to degreeworks.texastech.edu . Download a PDF of your degree plan to upload into your VA Certification Request from your MVP Forms Portal.
2. Military Transcripts
- Instructions on Obtaining your Military Transcript
- Please upload an unofficial copy of your Military Transcript to MVP via the MVP Forms Portal at mvp.ttu.edu
- Please submit an official military transcript to the Transfer Evaluation Office (TEO) no later than your 2nd semester at TTU. The Transfer Evaluation Office is in the Office of the Registrar, Room 121 West Hall.
3. Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for Chapter 33 Benefits
- Upload a current copy (less than 6 months old) of your VA Certificate of Eligibility
(COE) or Semester award letter from VA.gov in the MVP Forms Portal located at mvp.ttu.edu
- The COE MUST have the student's full name, type of benefit awarded and time remaining for use of said benefit.
- A full-page uploaded screenshot of the entitled benefits, with the student's full name, type of benefit awarded and time remaining would suffice for us to verify your benefits.
- We encourage all students to formally request a mailed letter from the VA containing their benefits at least once a year.
- OR CH33 students may obtain copy of Statement of Benefits from www.vets.gov and upload that instead
4. DD214 or Member 4
- Upload a Legible Official Copy of DD214 See TVC link; www.tvc.texas.gov/
- Upload a permissible and legible DD-214 (Member 4, Service 2, Veterans Administration 3, Dept. of Labor 5, State Dir. Of VA-6, Service 7, and Service 8)
- If you do not have an acceptable DD214: Order a copy from the National Archives
5. Submit a copy of COE and Third-party Sponsor Agreement Forms to Student Business Services (SBS)
- Navigate to your MVP Forms dashboard under SBS Applications and select Third Party Sponsor Agreement
- OR Navigate to the following pdf for the Third-Party Sponsor Agreement form
- Fill out & submit the agreement form.
- Submit a less than 6-month-old copy of your COE to email@example.com
- Include your Full name and R# in your email to SBS.
If you need assistance obtaining your COE, please call VA education benefits (Monday – Friday, 8:00am -7:00pm ET) at 1-888-442-4551, go online to va.gov/education/how-to-apply/https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ or call us at the Military & Veteran's Program Office at 806-742-6877 (Monday -Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm CST) or contact us at mvp.ttu.edu