Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill Checklist
This checklist is for dependents of veterans looking to use benefits regarding Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill. This checklist is not suited for veterans using their own benefits.This checklist must be completed EVERY SEMESTER.
1. Degree Plan
- From your Raiderlink Portal access the DegreeWorks tab or go to degreeworks.texastech.edu. Download a PDF of your degree plan to upload into your VA Certification Request from your MVP Forms Portal.
2. Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for Chapter 33 Benefits
- Upload a current copy (less than 6 months old) of your VA Certificate of Eligibility
(COE) or Semester award letter from VA.gov in the MVP Forms Portal located at mvp.ttu.edu
- The COE MUST have the student's full name, type of benefit awarded and time remaining for use of said benefit.
- A full-page uploaded screenshot of the entitled benefits, with the student's full name, type of benefit awarded and time remaining would suffice for us to verify your benefits.
- We encourage all students to formally request a mailed letter from the VA containing their benefits at least once a year.
- OR CH33 students may obtain copy of Statement of Benefits from https://www.vets.gov/ and upload that instead.
3. Submit a copy of COE and Third-party Sponsor Agreement Forms to Student Business Services (SBS)
- Navigate to your MVP Forms dashboard under SBS Applications and select Third Party Sponsor Agreement
- OR Navigate to the following pdf for the Third-Party Sponsor Agreement form
- Fill out & submit the agreement form.
- Submit a less than 6-month-old copy of your COE to email@example.com
- Include your Full name and R# in your email to SBS.
If you need assistance obtaining your COE, please call VA education benefits (Monday – Friday, 8:00am -7:00pm ET) at 1-888-442-4551, go online to https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ or call us at the Military & Veteran's Program Office at 806-742-6877 (Monday -Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm CST) or contact us at mvp.ttu.edu