Deadline for Fall Admission: February 1
Deadline for Spring Admission: October 1
- Review the Graduate School's guidelines for "how to apply." Please note that the application requirements for US residents and international students vary slightly.
- Collect the required application materials such as:
- unofficial GRE scores*
- unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- two (2) letters of reference
- personal statement of professional goals
- additional materials proving citizenship, residency, etc
- Fill out the Graduate School's application. Be sure to check your email regularly and respond to the Graduate School's requests for additional materials as needed.
- The Department of Physics and Astronomy can review your application as soon as you have submitted your letters, transcripts, test scores*, and personal statement, but we cannot formally accept you or make a non-contingent offer of financial support until the Graduate School has sent you an official letter of acceptance.
- The Graduate School practices rolling admissions, but please try to submit applications for the fall semester no later than February 1 and applications for the spring semester no later than October 1. The department will consider late applications if financial support is still available.
- Once the Graduate School has sent you a letter of acceptance, be sure to submit official transcripts and test scores* as requested.
- If you have any questions about the application process or the status of your application, contact the Graduate Recruiter Professor Mahdi Sanati at firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 834-6169.
Department of Physics and Astronomy
AddressTexas Tech University, Physics & Astronomy Department, Box 41051, Lubbock, TX 79409-1051
Phone806.742.3767 | Fax: 806.742.1182