Dr. DeGottardi is a condensed matter theorist with broad interests in (1) systems
displaying non-trivial band topology or topological order and (2) low-dimensional
quantum liquids, particularly in one dimension. This work focuses on traditional condensed
matter systems such as quantum wires as well as engineered systems such as superconducting
circuits and photonic systems. Of particular interest are the exotic collective phenomena
that these systems display. This work also has practical applications to a diverse
set of problems in quantum information, nanotechnology, nanophotonics, and even astrophysics.
DeGottardi received his PhD in 2012 from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He did postdoctoral work at Argonne National Lab and the University of Maryland. Before joining the faculty at TTU, he studied superconductors in the context of quantum computation at Northrop Grumman.
- "Viscous Properties of a Degenerate One-Dimensional Fermi Gas," W. DeGottardi and K. A. Matveev, Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 076601 (2020).
- "Photon pair condensation by engineered dissipation," Z.-P. Cian, G. Zhu, S.-K. Chu, A. Seif, W. DeGottardi, L. Jiang, and Mohammad Hafezi, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 063602 (2019).
- "Equilibration of Quasi-One-Dimensional Fermi Gases, " W. DeGottardi and K. A. Matveev, Phys. Rev. B, 99, 245121 (2019).
- "Thermal radiation as a probe of one-dimensional electron liquids, " W. DeGottardi, M. J. Gullans, Suraj Hegde, S. Vishveshwara, M. Hafezi, Phys. Rev. B, 99, 235124 (2019).
- "A topological quantum optics interface," S. Barik, A. Karasahin, C. Flower, T. Cai, H. Miyake, W. DeGottardi, M. Hafezi, and Edo Waks, Science 359, 666-668 (2018).
- "Transport in inhomogeneous Luttinger liquids," W. DeGottardi and K. A. Matveev, Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 236405 (2015).
- "Topological insulating phases of non-Abelian anyonic chains," W. DeGottardi, Phys. Rev. B 90, 075129 (2014).
"Majorana fermions in superconducting wires 1D systems having periodic, quasiperiodic, and disordered potentials," W. DeGottardi, M. Thakurathi, S. Vishveshwara, and D. Sen, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 146404 (2013).
- "Charge fractionalization in a mesoscopic ring," W. DeGottardi, S. Lal, and S. Vishveshwara, Phys. Rev. Lett.110, 026402 (2013).
"Topological phases, Majorana modes and quench dynamics in a spin ladder system," W. DeGottardi, D. Sen, S. Vishveshwara, New J. Phys. 13, 065028 (2011).