We offer a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Plant and Soil Science with several areas of emphasis:
- Ph.D. in Plant and Soil Science with a track in Crop Protection.
- Ph.D. in Plant and Soil Science with a track in Crop Science.
- Ph.D. in Plant and Soil Science with a track in Fibers and Biopolymers.
- Ph.D. in Plant and Soil Science with a track in Horticulture.
- Ph.D. in Plant and Soil Science with a track in Soil Science.
A Ph.D. candidate in the department is required to take written and oral comprehensive qualifying examinations prepared and conducted by the graduate committee. The purpose of these examinations is to determine whether or not a candidate possesses a depth of knowledge in their area of track, a breadth of knowledge in supporting areas, understanding of the scientific method, and the ability to communicate knowledge in an organized and scholarly manner. If the preliminary examination for admission to doctoral studies reveals weaknesses in the student's subject matter background, the student may be required to take remedial courses designated by the graduate faculty of the department. The student's advisory committee will make recommendations concerning language requirements and basic work in other sciences.
If you are interested in applying, visit the Graduate School/PSS-Ph.D. Program page.
For more graduate student resources, visit: PSS Student Dashboard.
For more information related to PSS program tracks, see our Faculty Research Interests page.
PSS department: Contact us