The Residential Tutoring program is designed to provide academic services for students living in the residence halls at Texas Tech University. Residential Tutoring is a completely free service provided for all on-campus students during convenient hours and close to home.
Residential Tutors (RTs) provide peer tutoring in subjects that residence hall students struggle with the most frequently, according to campus data. These areas of study are:
- Chemistry (1307 and 1308)
- Math (1351 and 1352)
- Writing (in any subject area)
- Political Science (1301)
- History (2300 and 2301)
- Biology (1403)
- Physics (1403 and 1408)
Hours and Locations
Residential Tutoring is available during the academic year Sunday through Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at the following locations:
- Bledsoe, Gordon, Sneed: Tutoring lounge on the 1st floor of Bledsoe
- Horn/Knapp: Tutoring lounge on the 1st floor of Knapp
- Chitwood/Weymouth, Coleman: Tutoring lounge in the Weymouth lobby
- Stangel/Murdough: Basement in front of the hall office
- Wall/Gates: Study lounge on the 2nd floor of Gates
- Hulen/Clement: Study lounge on the 2nd floor of Hulen
- Murray: 1st floor lounge
If these times do not fit your schedule, The Learning Center, based out of Support Operations for Academic Retention (SOAR), has tutors available during regular business hours. Please contact them at (806) 742-3664 for more information.
The schedule will be updated in Fall 2016
Please contact Jacqueline Butler to get specific subject and schedule information.
For more information about Residential Tutoring, please contact:
- Jacqueline Butler, Graduate Assistant for Residence Education and Academic Programs
- (806) 834-1993