To provide the best service to our applicants, including those home-schooled students entering Texas Tech, we would like to provide some guidelines. Texas Tech considers home school to be instruction delivered under the direction of a parent or parents or one standing in parental authority in or through the child's home, with a curriculum that is taught in a bona fide manner.
- Application for admission
- $75 application fee or fee waiver
- Complete your Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores [learn more]
- Activities – on the application – You may submit a separate resume in addition to, but not in place of, the activities listed on the application.
- Essay – Topic A, of the ApplyTexas Application
- Letters of recommendation – up to three
- Please submit a transcript from any college where you have completed dual credit or college-level coursework. This is required if you wish to have the credit considered during application review. It is also required before credit can be transferred
An official* high school transcript with graduation date is required after you graduate.
- An official* transcript must include:
- the dates of attendance and terms of enrollment
- Physical address and phone number of the school
- A complete listing of all specific courses taken
- *To be considered official, the transcript should bear the notarized signature of the school official.
- Download a sample transcript here.
Lubbock, TX 79409-5005
Mail all official documents, including official transcripts, essays and letters of recommendation to the above address. Please include the student's full name and date of birth on all correspondence.
Current Texas State law requires successful applicants to a post-secondary institution of higher education to successfully complete the curriculum requirements for the Foundation, Foundation with Endorsement, or Distinguished high school program or its equivalent. Unless the student meets the ACT College Readiness Benchmarks, the home school officials will be required to complete the Texas Private High School Certification (Diploma Verification Form) to complete this process.
Want to learn more?
We will be happy to build a customized tour just for you and your family. Contact us at 806.742.1480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.