PreLaw Learning Community
Want to live with other PreLaw students?
- Apply here!
- When you sign up for housing, make sure to select "I am interested in going to law school and/or am a registered participant in the TTU PreLaw Program." If you are unable to sign up for a Learning Community please contact us. (link to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Apply here to be a Community Advisor or Academic Mentor
What is a Learning Community?
Learning communities are specially designated floors where students with similar interests live together. There is no additional cost for participating in Learning Communities. This community provides a unique experience for students interested in law school to live together in an environment that fosters their academic, personal, and professional success with assistance from the TTU PreLaw Program.
Why should I join the PreLaw Learning Community?
You will have a variety of unique opportunities. For example, living with a Community Advisor who is already on their path to law school, and other upper-class students you can receive guidance from. You will also have access to PreLaw Learning Community events, and benefit from being surrounded by other similarly motivated PreLaw students that may also be in your classes.
Research indicates that involvement in learning communities may contribute to:
- Increased attendance and GPA
- A stronger chance to graduate in four years
- Greater involvement on campus and in professional organizations
- An easier transition from high school to college
- Development of personal relationships with other students