Many advising offices on campus use Strive (strive.ttu.edu) to schedule appointments. You can start here with a quick guide.
How to Prepare for Advising?
- Know what classes you could take – make a list from Degree Works
- Have an idea of possible schedules – use VSB to look at options
- Bring questions with you –
- Finding internships
- Declaring a major or minor
- Next steps – next big focus
Raiderlink – what's on it I should know?
Registration and Financials
- Your R# -- learn it, commit it to memory, but know you can find it here
- Manage My Enrollment
- Add/Drop Classes – how you register and change your schedule (link to video)
- DegreeWorks – how you know what classes you need to graduate (link to video)
- Schedule Builder – how you find possible schedules for classes (link to video)
- Look Up Classes – another tool for finding courses for any open semester (we don't have a video for this but should get one)
- Registration Status – shows you the dates you are able to register and any holds that will prevent registration
- Request Enrollment Verification – how you can get proof of enrollment for your insurance company, your scholarship sponsor, or any other agency who needs proof of your enrollment.
- Current Term
- Calendar view of your courses and schedule
- Access Blackboard – a link to the Blackboard Learning Management System.
- Academic Calendar – a link to the current term calendar with important information on add/drop dates
- Final Exam Schedule – a link to help you determine final exam dates and times
- Order Textbooks – a link to the campus bookstore for a list of textbooks based on your course enrollment. You can buy from this link or just get a list.
- Grades --- that one's rather self-explanatory
- Transcript – use the unofficial transcript to see which courses transferred, how many credit hours you have, check your GPA.
- Manage My Finances
- Student Business Services
- Links to set up payment plan
- Links to see total cost for semester
- Links to eBill
- Links to tax documents
- Student Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Links to accept financial aid awards
- Links to MVP forms
- Links to loan information
- Student Business Services
Advising Tools & Resources
- Explore Course Options
- Section Search Tool makes it easy to see what sections of specific courses are still available. This tool includes dates, times, locations, open seats, waitlist numbers, and instructor names.
- Grade Distributions provides public information about grades earned in every section of every class taught within the last several semesters and includes instructor names.
- Course/Instructor Evaluations provides the compiled rating from students enrolled in class with a given instructor in a given semester.
- Transfer Course Equivalencies links to the Transfer Evaluation Office
- Credit by Exam – links to the AP/CLEP, IB, and other exams TTU accepts for course credit.
- Registration Help
- New Student Information
- Declare Your Major
- Taking Classes Away From Lubbock
- Summer Classes
- Probation & Suspension
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Course Prefixes
- Non-Degree Students
- Parent Information