Student Spotlight: Chase Gibson
Name: Chase Gibson; Location: Sevilla, Spain; Program: Agribusiness at the TTU Center; Timeframe: June 2019; Major: Agribusiness; Classification: Senior; Hometown: Haskell, Texas
- My Experience: While abroad, I took an engaging agribusiness marketing class, lived with a wonderful host mom, and was immersed in Spanish culture.
- Why Go: This experience challenged my critical thinking skills. Operating in a space where the land and language are unfamiliar provided me with multiple opportunities to improve upon my ability to think critically and make decisions.
- Any Advice: If you get the opportunity to live with a host family, set aside some time to get to know them a little better. While most of our conversations heavily relied on Google Translate, getting to know my host mom was a joyful experience.
- Favorite Part: The food. If you are ever in Spain, make sure to stop somewhere for Paella. Also, I would highly recommended ordering a tapa of fried sardines.
- Looking Ahead: I believe the friendships, skills, and memories I gained abroad will always be valuable. For all of these things, I am extremely thankful.
The Seville-based Agriculture and Applied Economics study abroad program offers students an opportunity to live in an historic Spanish city and study Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics topics. The program will expose students to management and marketing challenges and opportunities with an emphasis on investigating the cultural and economic factors which influence differences and similarities in firm decision-making between the United States and Spain. The program will include field trips and interactions with Spanish producers and marketing companies through visits to high-value agricultural operations and agri-businesses.
CONTACT: Cindy Akers, Associate Dean for Academic and Student Programs, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2808 or email@example.com
0211NM20 / Editor's Note: For detailed information on CASNR Study Abroad programs and how to apply, click here.
- Learn with CASNR Faculty, click here for more information
Faculty Led (programs led by CASNR Faculty)
- The Horse in World Art - TTU Center in Sevilla
- Spanish Wine & Tourism - TTU Center in Sevilla
- Futures and Options - TTU Center in Sevilla
- College of Agriculture in Spain - TTU Center in Sevilla
- Economic Policy and Agribusiness in China - Beijing, Shanghai & Tianjin, China
- Wildlife and Veterinary Issues in Africa - Bela Bela, South Africa
College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
AddressP.O. Box 42123, Lubbock, Texas 79409-2123, Dean’s Office Location: Goddard Building, Room 108