TTU College of Media and Communications - PR in Spain and Portugal
The application cycle for this program is not open at this time. Please check back later.
** There are currently no active application cycles for this program.
Field of Study
- Mass Media & Communications
- Public Relations
Program Term(s): Maymester
Budget Sheets :
- TTU Center in Sevilla, Spain
Language of Instruction(s)
Minimum GPA: 2.0
- Debbie Davis
- Eric Rasmussen
Program Type: TTU Faculty-Led
- Host Family
Study Abroad Advisors
- Group Advising Session
Scholarship Available: Military and Veteran Program (MVP) Aid Available, Study Abroad Competitive Scholarship
Students will walk in the footsteps of explorers and monarchs as they discover for themselves the international practice of public relations. With home base in the vibrant Andalusian city of Seville, Spain, students will learn through hands-on experience with clients, conversations with international agency leaders, interactions with host families, and cultural excursions to some of the Iberian Peninsula’s most beautiful and significant attractions.
Courses offered include PRSC 4301 (Travel & Tourism PR) and PRSC 4351 (International & Multicultural PR), and will focus on: (1) strategic storytelling in the context of travel and tourism; (2) working as a public relations practitioner on behalf of a destination and influencer; (3) communicating about the culture, heritage, environment, and people of a foreign destination; and (4) creation of professional-level work for an international client.
Eric Rasmussen: 4301: Special Topics in Public Relations – Travel & Tourism Public Relations
Debbie Davis: PR 4351: International & Multicultural Public Relations
PR in Spain & Portugal Official Financial Aid Budget.pdf
Additional expenses include tuition, fees, personal travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
May 13 - May 29, 2023
Program Open To:
All TTU students
Program Fee Includes
Seville TTU Center fees
Ground transportation during program
Host family-stay including 3 meals/day + weekly laundry
International health insurance
Program Fee Does Not Include
TTU tuition and fees
Airfare to/from Spain
Education Abroad fee ($350)
Meals on excursions
Personal spending money
Cultural highlights of the program include:
- Catedral de Sevilla: A UNESCO World Heritage site, and the largest Gothic building in Europe.
- Real Alcazar de Sevilla: The Spanish royal palace, and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Cordoba, Spain: An ancient Moorish city on the banks of the Guadalquivir River.
- Sintra, Portugal: Home of a former royal summer residence on the slopes of the Sintra Mountains outside of Lisbon.
- Lisbon, Portugal: Economic, government, and cultural capital of Portugal.
- Matalascañas beach, Spain: Long, pristine beach on the Atlantic coast of southern Spain.
- Flamenco show at La Casa Del Flamenco in Seville.
For more information:
Contact Dr. Eric Rasmussen or Debbie Davis