Alessandra Corsi, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-6931
Office: 17 Science Building
- Ph.D. Astronomy, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome, Italy (2007)
- Laurea in Physics cum laude, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome, Italy (2003)
- Here is my professional website
- Here is my list of publications as returned by NASA/ADS. Please note that this selects also some papers from another A. Corsi (that however are not about astronomy so they are easy to identify!).
My research focuses on multi-messenger time-domain astronomy (with special emphasis on relativistic transients) and gravitational wave physics. The largest chunk of my research is currently funded by the National Science Foundation. I am also PI of several guest investigator programs (mostly on Swift and Chandra) funded by NASA. For more info please visit my professional website.
Selected PublicationsPlease visit my professional website.
Research Group and Collaborators
Here at TTU I am part of the Astrophysics group.
On my professional website you can find a list of my (past and current) students and post-docs, together with a (likely incomplete!) list of long-term collaborators.
Below the list of courses I have taught so far at TTU. I am usually very hard to reach 2 hours before class starts, since I am getting ready for it. Class material and information for all the courses I teach is available to TTU students on Blackboard.
- ASTR-1400 Solar System Astronomy
- ASTR-1401 Stellar Astronomy
- ASTR-3300 Special Topics: Radio Astronomy
- ASTR-4305 Radiative Processes in Astrophysics
- PHYS-5101 Seminar
- PHYS-5300 Special Topics: Radiative Processes in Astrophysics
- PHYS-6306 Advanced Electromagnetic Theory
Department of Physics and Astronomy
AddressTexas Tech University, Physics & Astronomy Department, Box 41051, Lubbock, TX 79409-1051
Phone806.742.3767 | Fax: 806.742.1182