TTU College of Education - Study Abroad for Educators in Salamanca, Spain
The application cycle for this program is not open at this time. Please check back later.
** There are currently no active application cycles for this program.
Field of Study
- Bilingual Education
- Salamanca, Spain
Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Comfort Pratt
Program Type: TTU Faculty-Led
- Host Family
Study Abroad Advisors
- Lanna Sheldon
Scholarship Available: Study Abroad Competitive Scholarship
Salamanca is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe with very intricate architecture and a rich history. Classes will be held at the Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca, which is one of the oldest universities in Spain and one of the most beautiful and most prestigious universities in Europe. Students will live with Spanish host families. Excursions are included to sites such as Ávila, Madrid, Toledo, Segovia in Spain and Lisbon, Portugal.
Courses Offered• EDSE 4399.260 & 261: Study Abroad in Salamanca, Spain
• EDBL 3310: Spanish for Bilingual Teachers
• EDBL 5310 Advanced Spanish for Bilingual Teachers
• EDBL 5393 Internship in Bilingual Education
• TTU courses taught by Dr. Pratt (3 credits); students also receive 6 Spanish language credits from local university.
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- May 30 - July 3, 2021
Program Open To
- Texas Tech students intending to be teachers
Program Fee Includes
- Lodging with host family and three meals per day
- Excursions (including meals)
- Language immersion courses at the Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca
- Social and cultural program
- Computer lab and internet access
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees (3 credit hours)
- Airfare to/from Spain
- Insurance ($2.57/day)
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Personal spending money
- For more information: