- Applicants must be full-time tenure track or tenured faculty members of Texas Tech University;
- All applications must be for individual awards, with each applicant providing justification for research travel
- Previous recipients of a Research Travel Grant will be eligible to reapply for the grant during the third calendar year following their award;
- The travel destination must be a significant distance from Lubbock, such that the trip could not feasibly be made without the expenditure of substantial time and money.
Criteria for Evaluation
The criteria by which applications for a Research Travel Grant will be evaluated are as follows:
- The affiliation of the applicant as a full-time faculty member of Texas Tech University;
- The background, training, and professional experience of the researcher;
- The significance of the project to the research and professional development of the applicant;
- The need to consult in person the specific research collection in order to move the research project forward satisfactorily;
- The appropriateness of the specific collection for the proposed project;
- The assurance of access to the materials essential for the progress of the project;
Note: Confirmation from the Institutional Contact must be received by February 16, 2022 for priority consideration, or March 23, 2022 for further consideration.
- The need for funding and additional efforts to obtain funding from other sources will be taken into consideration;
- Applications and supporting documents must be completed in full.