Who are Distance Learners?
You may qualify as a distance learner if you are one of the following:
- Participating in distance education with Texas Tech University
- A student still enrolled but no longer resides in Lubbock
- On an internship approved by the university
- On a research or study abroad trip approved by the university
- A faculty member on long-term research, development or teaching projects away from the main campus
As a distance student, you can access databases and electronic journals from off-campus, by logging in using your eRaider username and password when prompted. This allows you access to full-text scholarly journal articles and the growing ebook collections. You may fill out the form to report access issues to electronic journals or databases.
Getting Materials as a Distance Student
For library materials that you cannot access online, you may request them from the Document Delivery department, who handles all of the TTU Libraries' interlibrary loan requests. You can manage your request through your document delivery account. Items are sent to you through email or mailed to your designated address via FedEx.
When you log in to your document delivery account for the first time, you should select "TTU Distance Patron (Faculty, Staff, and Students)" as your Status and input the address you want to use as your delivery address.
To update your mailing address, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your document delivery account;
- Select Tools > Change User Information from the left menu;
- Make sure your Status is "TTU Distance Patron (Faculty, Staff, and Students)";
- Update you mailing address;
- Click the "Submit Information" button at the bottom.
Any questions regarding document delivery, please contact the Document Delivery Office at (806) 742-2239 or email@example.com.
To borrow materials from local libraries within the state of Texas, you may request a TexShare card from the TTU Libraries by contacting the Circulation Department at (806)742-2265 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request one from your local public library. To learn more about TexShare Card Program, please visit their website.
Reach out by:
- sending an email
- making an appointment
- Today's Hours: 10am - 10pm
- Location: Room 132
- More ...
Information for ...
Address2802 18th Street, Lubbock, TX 79409