Who are Distance Patrons?
You may qualify as a distance patron if you are one of the following:
- Participating in distance education with Texas Tech University
- A student still enrolled but no longer resides in Lubbock
- On an internship approved by the university
- On a research or study abroad trip approved by the university
- A faculty member on long-term research, development or teaching projects away from the main campus
As a distance student, you can access databases and electronic journals from off-campus, by logging in using your eRaider username and password when prompted. This allows you access to fulltext scholarly journal articles and the growing ebook collections. If you need something that you cannot access online, please see Getting Material below.
Get research assistance via Ask a Librarian:
- Email: Send an email.
- Online Chat: Start a chat session.
- Phone: (806) 742-2265.
- Text Message: Send text to (806) 686-3470.
Find recommended database from a subject specialist on the Personal Librarians page.
Getting Materials as a Distance Student
For distance students, you may request library materials from the Document Delivery department, who handles all of the TTU Libraries interlibrary loan requsts. You can mange your request through your document delivery account. Items are sent to you through email or mailed to your designated address via FedEx.
When you log in to your document delivery account for the first time, you should select "TTU Distance Patron (Faculty, Staff, and Students)" as your Status and input the address you want to use as your delivery address.
To update your mailing address, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your document delivery account;
- Select Tools > Change User Information from the left menu;
- Make sure your Status is "TTU Distance Patron (Faculty, Staff, and Students)";
- Update you mailing address;
- Click the "Submit Information" button at the bottom.
Any questions regarding document delivery, please contact the Document Delivery Office at (806) 742-2239 or email@example.com.
To borrow materials from local libraries within the state of Texas, you may request a TexShare card from the TTU Libraries by contacting the Circulation Department at (806)742-2265 or firstname.lastname@example.org . To learn more about TexShare Card Program, please visit their website.
For additional information, contact Cynthia Henry at email@example.com.