Who are Distance Patrons?
You may qualify as a distance patron if you are one of the following:
- Participating in distance education with Texas Tech University
- A student still enrolled but no longer in residence. This may include a graduate student working on a thesis or dissertation.
- On an internship approved by the university
- On a research or study abroad trip approved by the university
- A faculty member on long term research, development or teaching projects away from the main campus
Delivery of Articles and Books
For distance students, you may request library materials from the Document Delivery department through your document delivery account. Items are sent to you through email or mailed to your designated address via FedEx.
When you login to your document delivery account for the first time, you should select "TTU Distance Patron (Faculty, Staff, and Students)" as your Status and input the address you want to use as your delivery address.
To update your mailing address, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your document delivery account;
- Select Tools > Change User Information from the left menu;
- Make sure your Status is "TTU Distance Patron (Faculty, Staff, and Students)";
- Update you mailing address;
- Click the "Submit Information" button at the bottom.
Any questions regarding document delivery, please contact the Document Delivery Office at (806) 742-2239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can access databases and electronic journals from off-campus. You are prompted to login using your eRaider username and password. Please visit the FAQ off-campus login page for help with troubleshooting.
To borrow materials from local libraries, you may request a TexShare card from the TTU Libraries. Please read the TexShare card page or contact the Circulation Department at (806)742-2265 or email@example.com for more information about requesting a TexShare card.
To learn more about TexShare Card Program, please visit their website.
Get research assistance via Ask a Librarian:
- Email: Send an email.
- Online Chat: Start a chat session.
- Phone: (806) 742-2265.
- Text Message: Send text to (806) 686-3470.
Find recommended resources from a subject specialist on the Personal Librarians page.
Handy Phone Numbers
Library Service Desk
eRaider Help (Campus IT)
For additional information, contact Cynthia Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org.