Homecoming Weekend at Texas Tech
Alumni, friends, and supporters of the Department of Animal and Food Sciences are invited to attend the second annual Friends and Family Event during Homecoming Weekend!
Honorees will include the 2015 Hall of Fame Award Winners, Meat Science Alumni Award Winners, and members of former competitive teams. This event will include music, food and fun for the whole family. Professional dress not required.
When: Friday, Oct. 9 from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Where: The Livestock Arena
Who: All friends and alumni of the Texas Tech Department of Animal and Food Sciences are invited to attend.
What: The event will include a dinner, cash bar, music and entertainment for the whole family. Honorees will be recognized after the dinner in the livestock arena. There will be no charge for the event, but donations will be accepted.
For more information about the event or to RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Award Recipients
- 2015 Hall of Fame Distinguished Service Award:Fran Morrison
- 2015 Hall of Fame Graduate of Distinction Award: Edgar Sotelo
- 2015 Hall of Fame Advanced Graduate of Distinction Award: Jennifer Leheska, Ph.D.
- 2015 Hall of Fame Horizon Award: Kris Wilson, Ph.D.
- 2015 Outstanding Meat Science Alumni Award Winner: Gretchen Hilton Mafi, Ph.D.
- 2015 Meathead of the Year Award: Loni Woolley
- 2015 Albert Usener Award: Jodie Pitcock
- 2015 Excellence in Service Award: Cargill, Inc.
Parking for event attendees will be available on the south and west sides of the livestock arena in C16, C14 and C12.