Incoming Exchange Students are required to be enrolled in insurance during their time at Texas Tech. J-1 Exchange Students must be covered an insurance policy that meets the U.S. State Department's standards. Students will be required to enroll in one of the following:
- International Student Protection - Trail Blazer Policy
- International Student Insurance - Budget Policy
- TTU Insurance
The coverage that must be met is below:
- Coverage of Medical Benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness.
- Repatriation of Remains in the amount of $25,000.
- Expenses associated with medical evacuation to your home country in the amount of $50,000.
- Deductibles cannot exceed $500 per accident or illness.
If you would like to be enrolled in Texas Tech's insurance, you will need to alert the IESC so that your information can be sent to the insurance company. When you arrive, you will be given your insurance card. This card must be kept on you at all times during your stay.
If you fail to provide insurance information by the deadlines below, you will be automatically enrolled in Texas Tech's insurance. The reasoning behind this is due to the processing time for your DS-2019. We must have the insurance information before the DS-2019 can be complete.
- Fall and/or Academic Year (fall-spring): May 15th
- Spring and/or Calendar Year (spring-fall): October 31st