Resources for Parents and Loved Ones
Raiders Abroad - An International Experience
A webinar in partnership with the Texas Tech Parents' Association
- TTU Study Abroad Parent and Family Guide
- Guía de Estudios en el Extranjero de Texas Tech Padres, Tutores, Y Mentores
- "Before They Go Abroad” by James McCommons from Better Homes and Gardens magazine, August 2006, pages 130, 132, 135
- NAFSA's What Parents Need to Know: A Parent's Guide to Education Abroad
- A Practical Parent's Guide to Study Abroad by GoOverseas
- A Parent Guide to Study Abroad. Published by the Institute of International Education and the AIFS Foundation.
- Communicating with Strangers: An Introduction to Intercultural Communication by William B. Gudykunst and Young Yun Kim
- American-Cultural Patterns: A Cross-Cultural Perspective by Edward C. Stewart and Milton J. Bennett (especially chapters 4 and 5)
- Survival Kit for Overseas Living by Robert Kohls
- Study Abroad Map: The Complete Student Guide to College Beyond the USA by Wendy Williamson
- Surviving Re-entry: A Readjustment Manual for Parents
- Voting procedures while abroad
See also newspaper websites from around the world to gain other (non-U.S.) perspectives on particular issues or incidents.