Scholarship Available: Military and Veteran Program (MVP) Aid Available, Study Abroad Competitive Scholarship
Universidad Politecnica de Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Fall, Spring, AY
Sponsored by Universidad Politecnica de Puerto Rico
Work with your Academic Advisor to identify what courses you should take on your study abroad program. You should utilize the Transfer Equivalency Office (TEO) website to review courses that are already approved. Additionally, you should visit the program website link to learn more about course offerings on this program.
2. Select the appropriate nation from the drop down. For this program, please select Puerto Rico.
3. Select the appropriate institution from the drop down. For this program, please select Polytechnic Puerto Rico.
4. Courses that have already been evaluated will appear. Use the toggle at the bottom of the webpage to view more courses, if available.
5. If you are not interested in taking courses that are already approved, visit with your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager. Your Counselor/Program Manager will request syllabi for courses in which you are interested.
Please note the course equivalency review process can take time, so please be patient. After all courses have been evaluated, your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager will send your Credit Pre-Approval Form to your Academic Advisor for approval.
• Take a course that is equivalent to a TTU Multicultural course
• Students planning to study abroad on this program must have their courses pre-approved before studying abroad. Your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager will start this process for you.
• Students must discuss their plans with their Academic Advisor to determine which courses meet the requirements for their degree plan.
• Failure to take pre-approved courses may result in a loss of academic credit. You must send your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager your finalized course schedule after your courses begin.
• You must also request an official transcript be sent to the Study Abroad Credit Coordinator. Under no circumstances will a hand-carried or student copy be accepted.
• You may be required to bring textbooks, syllabi, class notes, special projects, tests, and papers written for each class back to TTU. For Art classes this may include paintings, ceramics, pictures, or jewelry.
• You must stay enrolled in all courses for the duration of the program.
• After acceptance to this program you will be enrolled into a placeholder course by your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager. This placeholder course tells TTU you are still a student while you are studying away from campus. You must stay enrolled in this course for the duration of your program.
Scholarships are also available through the program, in this case Universidad Politecnica de Puerto Rico. Review Universidad Politecnica de Puerto Rico https://www.pupr.edu/international-affairs/ scholarships for even more funding opportunities.
Did you know that 97% of TTU financial aid travels abroad?! Learn more by visiting the study abroad financial aid webpage.
Studying abroad can be one of the most transformative experiences of your college career. It is an opportunity to develop academically, personally and professionally. Entering a new culture can be challenging for everyone. The Study Abroad Office is committed to supporting your international experiences, regardless of your identity. Please review the identity abroad section of our website for additional information.
What Comes Next?
• Schedule an appointment with a Study Abroad Counselor or Program Manager
• Start your application: Watch the application how-to video for more information