Scholarship Available: Study Abroad Competitive Scholarship
Program Sponsor: Field Studies
COVID-19 Vaccination Required
While Texas Tech does not require COVID-19 vaccination to participate on a study abroad program, some programs, host countries and/or regions do require vaccination. This program requires vaccination in order to participate. It is your responsibility to understand and comply with all program, host country, and/or regional vaccination regulations. Failure to comply with vaccination regulations may result in, but is not limited to, financial penalty, denial of entry into the country and/or region, and/or dismissal from the program.
Tropical Marine Ecosystems: Monitoring and Management in South Caicos Island
South Caicos Island, Turks and Caicos Terms Available Summer I
Sponsored by The School for Field Studies
Work with your Academic Advisor to identify what courses you should take on your study abroad program. You should utilize the Transfer Equivalency Office (TEO) website to review courses that are already approved. Additionally, you should visit the program website link to learn more about course offerings on this program.
2. Select the appropriate nation from the drop down. For this program, please select Turks and Caicos Islands. 3. Select the appropriate institution from the drop down. For this program, please select SCHl Field Caicos Islands.
4. Courses that have already been evaluated will appear. Use the toggle at the bottom of the webpage to view more courses, if available.
5. If you are not interested in taking courses that are already approved, visit with your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager. Your Counselor/Program Manager will request syllabi for courses in which you are interested.
Please note the course equivalency review process can take time, so please be patient. After all courses have been evaluated, your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager will send your Credit Pre-Approval Form to your Academic Advisor for approval.
Credit & Grade Conversion Guide
Academic credit and grades will be converted to TTU credit based an official scale. Credit conversions and grades from your study abroad program cannot be changed. If you have any questions, please contact the Study Abroad Credit Coordinator. To see the academic credit conversion scale for your country, please visit the TTU Study Abroad Credit Conversion site and find your country. To see the grade conversion scale for your country, please visit the TTU Study Abroad Grade Conversion site and find your university.
If you need to complete your Multicultural Core, you can obtain this credit in one of two ways:
• Take a course that is equivalent to a TTU Multicultural course
• Students planning to study abroad on this program must have their courses pre-approved before studying abroad. Your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager will start this process for you.
• Students must discuss their plans with their Academic Advisor to determine which courses meet the requirements for their degree plan.
• Failure to take pre-approved courses may result in a loss of academic credit. You must send your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager your finalized course schedule after your courses begin.
• You must also request an official transcript be sent to the Study Abroad Credit Coordinator. Under no circumstances will a hand-carried or student copy be accepted.
• You may be required to bring textbooks, syllabi, class notes, special projects, tests, and papers written for each class back to TTU. For Art classes this may include paintings, ceramics, pictures, or jewelry.
• You must stay enrolled in all courses for the duration of the program.
• After acceptance to this program you will be enrolled into a placeholder course by your Study Abroad Counselor/Program Manager. This placeholder course tells TTU you are still a student while you are studying away from campus. You must stay enrolled in this course for the duration of your program.
Studying abroad can be one of the most transformative experiences of your college career. It is an opportunity to develop academically, personally and professionally. Entering a new culture can be challenging for everyone. The Study Abroad Office is committed to supporting your international experiences, regardless of your identity. Please review the identity abroad section of our website for additional information.