Special Education - Educational Diagnostician (M.Ed.)
The Master's in Special Education with a concentration in Educational Diagnostician program prepares professional educators to practice as assessment personnel in education.
M.Ed. in Special Education - Educational Diagnostician Certification Preparation Program. Offered fully online.
Also offered: a stand-alone Educational Diagnostician certification (requires state exam)
Career Opportunities with This Degree
The program provides master's level courses addressing the Texas Education Agency and Council of Exceptional Children competency requirements in preparation for the TExES exam for certification as an Educational Diagnostician. TTU recommends persons who are located out of state should contact the state of residency education agency for specific assessment personnel requirements.
College Transcripts – Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded to the Graduate School application. Information on submitting official transcripts will be provided to you by the Graduate School. Grade reports or unofficial transcripts from university web portals will not be accepted. Please redact the Social Security Number anywhere it appears on your transcript. If documents are written in a language other than English, a copy of a complete and official English translation must be provided with the original language records.
- Due to ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Graduate School has temporarily changed its admission requirements regarding test scores. The GRE may optionally be submitted by applicants for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 academic years, through the Summer 2024 application cycle. International applicants may use certain alternate exams in place of the TOEFL. Please visit the Graduate Admissions COVID-19 FAQ page for more information.
Required Supplemental Application Materials
Resume, Applicant Statement, 2 Professional Recommendations. Download a comprehensive list of requirements.
Please visit the Graduate Application Process for more information on how to apply.
Semester in which the program can be started.
Spring, Fall, or Summer I or II
Estimated Hours to Completion
36 credit hours for master's; 33 hours for certification only
Allowable Transfer Hours
6 credit hours maximum for master's and 15 hours maximum for certification only. All transfer hours are at advisor's discretion.
TTU Graduate School and COE scholarships, research assistantships, student loans (loans not available for cert only students)
Tuition & Fees
Use the Student Business Services Tuition Estimator to estimate your costs.
L.J. Gould, Ed.D.Admissions CoordinatorOffice of Graduate Admissions & Enrollmentspecialeducationinquiries.email@example.com
- Delivery: Online
- Master's Hours to Completion: 36
- Certification Hours to Completion: 33
- Now accepting applications for: All Semesters
- Master's Maximum Transfer Hours: 6
- Certification Maximum Transfer Hours: 15