Summer Student Ambassadors
University Student Housing Ambassadors primary responsibility is to work with Client Relations Staff in the Welcome Center to assist in greeting guests, answering housing questions both in-person and on the phone, and supporting the recruitment of prospective students by giving housing tours. Other duties include scanning documents, answering emails, and sorting mail.
Housing Ambassadors spend a majority of their time providing positive customer service. They are primarily responsible for:
- Greeting all guests that walk into the Welcome Center
- Helping parents and students in the office
- Answering phone calls related to Texas Tech and University Student Housing
- Replying to emails
- Returning any missed phone calls
- Giving housing tours (see below)
- Other duties as assigned
Housing Ambassadors give personalized tours of our residence halls. Ambassadors are to dress professionally and meet with prospective students and guests in the residence halls, showing our residence halls and answering guests' general housing questions. Tours are provided twice each business day, including some Saturdays, and are approximately 25 minutes or less.