Texas Tech University

Housing Payments

Semester Room and Board Fees

  • The student agrees to pay the Residence Hall room, board (Dining Plan) fees, and properly billed charges at the time scheduled by the university. Room and board fees are due and payable by the semester as determined by Student Business Services.
  • The student will be charged 60% of the total Residence Hall room and board fees in the fall and 40% in the spring.
  • Room and board fees may be paid by an installment plan for students that qualify. Payments are made directly to Student Business Services and can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal check, cashier's check or money order made payable to Texas Tech University.

Looking for your housing charges?

All room and board fees for a semester are on the student's eBill statement, which is available through the Raiderlink website.

Helpful links


If a student is eligible to rollover their Initial Deposit or Apartment /Suite Deposit, the student will be given the option to rollover these payments during Priority Room Selection.

For students who elect to rollover their Initial Deposit and need to pay the Apartment /Suite Deposit, the Priority Room Selection process will continue to the payment page and allow the student to make all required payments.

Manual Payments

  • Come by the Welcome Center, located in the Wiggins Complex. University Student Housing accepts:
    • Cash
    • Checks
    • Money Orders
    • Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JBL cards*
  • Checks can be mailed to:
    • Texas Tech University
      University Student Housing
      Attention: Welcome Center
      Box 41141, Lubbock, TX 79409-1141


The Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA or TASFA websites are required to be considered for a deferral, and must be submitted to University Student Housing anytime a student wishes to apply for a housing deferral of the $400 Initial Deposit. Applicants with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 3,000 or less will be eligible for a deferral.

  1. Stop by the University Student Housing office in the Wiggins Complex at 3211 18th St. or notify the office by email at housing@ttu.edu that you need to defer the Initial Deposit. If you have notified us before the FAFSA report has been updated for the new term, your account will be notated as wanting to apply for a deferral.
  2. Once you are approved, you will be emailed the form to defer the Initial Deposit. This form will be emailed to your official TTU email account. Complete this form and return it to the University Student Housing office in the Wiggins Complex at 3211 18th St. or by sending us a fax at (806) 742-2696. After you have returned the deferral form, your Initial Deposit will be deferred.
  3. If you have any difficulty with any of these processes, please contact University Student Housing at (806) 742-2661 or housing@ttu.edu.

* University Student Housing does not accept credit/debit card payments over the phone.