Deposits and Housing Payments
No Rate Increase for Fall 2021 - Spring 2022!
$75 non-refundable application fee is a one-time fee required with all housing applications.
The $400 Initial Deposit is potentially refundable (less any fees or billed charges) if the contract is completed or properly canceled. This deposit is required for all housing room reservations for all residence halls which includes traditional spaces and suite/apartment/pod style spaces and is due with a signed contract.
The $250 Additional Deposit is potentially refundable (less any fees or billed charges) if the contract is completed or if student never reserves a suite/apartment style space.
It is required for a housing room reservation in a suite/apartment/pod style space (Talkington, Gordon, Carpenter/Wells, Murray, Honors Hall, and West Village). It is due with the signed contract if the student is selecting a suite/ apartment/pod style space or when a student elects to upgrade to a suite/apartment/pod style space.
Deposit Rollover or Refund
If you are a current on-campus resident applying for on-campus housing for an upcoming academic year, you will have the ability to roll your current deposits to the new contract when signing the new contract. This means you will not have to pay the deposits again for the upcoming academic year contract.
If you are a current on-campus resident and will not be living on-campus for the upcoming academic year (be sure to check your off-campus eligibility), upon completion of the current contract your Student Business Services (SBS) account will be credited any applicable deposits. Credits will be applied towards any existing charges first. To expedite receipt of any resulting refunds, please sign up for My Direct Deposit at your earliest convenience.
Semester Room and Board Fees
- The student agrees to pay the Residence Hall room, board (Dining Plan) fees, and properly billed charges at the time scheduled by the university. Room and board fees are due and payable by the semester as determined by Student Business Services.
- The student will be charged 60% of the total Residence Hall room and board fees in the fall and 40% in the spring.
- Room and board fees may be paid by an installment plan for students that qualify. Payments are made directly to Student Business Services and can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal check, cashier's check or money order made payable to Texas Tech University.
Looking for your housing charges?
All room and board fees for a semester are on the student's eBill statement, which is available through the Raiderlink website.
- Student Business Services Payment Information
- eBill Guides
- Student Business Services
- Phone Number: (806) 742-3272
If a student is eligible to rollover their Initial Deposit or Apartment /Suite Deposit, the student will be given the option to rollover these payments during Priority Room Selection.
For students who elect to rollover their Initial Deposit and need to pay the Apartment /Suite Deposit, the Priority Room Selection process will continue to the payment page and allow the student to make all required payments.
- Come by the Welcome Center, located in the Wiggins Complex. University Student Housing accepts:
- Money Orders
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JBL cards*
- Checks can be mailed to:
- Texas Tech University
University Student Housing
Attention: Welcome Center
Box 41141, Lubbock, TX 79409-1141
- Texas Tech University
For more information on how to apply for a deferral of the initial deposit of $400, please contact University Student Housing at (806) 742-2661 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* University Student Housing does not accept credit/debit card payments over the phone.