Off-Campus Housing Fair
The Off-Campus Housing Fair will be Tuesday, February 8, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. in the Ballroom and the Red Raider Lounge of the Student Union Building.
Please note: This is an informational Housing Fair, and no lease agreements will be permitted to be signed during this event.
Texas Tech University 2022 Off-Campus Housing Fair
University Student Housing & Student Legal Services
- Only the first 36 reservations will be accepted.
- As part of online registration, you will have the option to list your top three booth choices. Please refer to the booth map at the top of the registration page.
- Complete the form and submit it (keep in mind the data entered will be used for printed marketing before, during, and after the fair).
- A copy of your registration will be emailed to the address that you provide.
- The online registration system will time stamp each reservation submission, and University Student Housing staff will confirm reservations on a first come, first served basis.
- Once your registration is confirmed, a University Student Housing staff member will contact you with your booth number. Please do not send payment until you have received your booth number.
- No reservation is final until payment is received.
The event will be promoted to our students in the following ways:
- Facebook for University Student Housing at Texas Tech University
- Three half-page, Daily Toreador advertisements
- Poster campaign within all residence halls
- Email campaign to all residence hall students
Two complimentary parking permits will be issued for each booth with registration. Permits cannot be moved from vehicle to vehicle, as they are registered to the license plate of the vehicle. Additional parking permits can be purchased for $10.00 each with your registration.
Registration Fees and Payments
The standard registration fee is $900.00. Early bird registration is discounted to $750.00 if registration is submitted by January 10, 2022. The registration fee includes:
- One booth lined with pipe and drape (10' wide x 8' deep, 8' tall back, 3' tall side panels)
- One 8 foot table and two chairs
- Event promotion to the Texas Tech Community
- Two complimentary parking permits
- Two complimentary $10.00 meal cards
- Vendor refreshment area
Payments will be accepted in the form of cash, check, money order or credit card. Checks or money orders may be mailed or dropped off at University Student Housing in the Wiggins Complex located at 3211 18th St. Checks or money orders should be made payable to "Texas Tech University." Credit card payments will be accepted via our secure online payment system. Once a registration form is complete, you will be directed to the payment portal.
All payments must be received within 14 days of booth confirmation. Your registration will not be finalized until your payment has been received.
A copy of your registration information, along with your receipt, will be emailed once payment is received.
Student Legal Services Involvement
The Off-Campus Housing Fair allows Texas Tech students the opportunity to gain valuable information about off-campus living. Student Legal Services will be on-site assisting students with general information about the process of moving off campus, including information about the lease signing process. By giving students this educational component at the Off-Campus Housing Fair, we strive to create better tenants.
Setup and Breakdown
Setup will occur between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Tuesday, February 7, 2022.
The breakdown will occur after the conclusion of the housing fair, each property is responsible for removing all supplies and materials brought to the fair by 6:00 p.m. on Please take oversized items that need to be disposed of directly to the dumpsters located in the loading dock area.
Booth Space Guidelines
- Please ensure all decorations, signage, games, etc. stay within your 8x10 booth.
- Electricity will be provided. You will need to supply extension cords and power strips.
All cords must be securely taped down with carpet-safe tape. Acceptable forms of tape:
- Masking Tape
- Painters Tape
- Gaffers Tape
- Do not attach decorations to pipe and drape or floor.
- To accommodate students' schedules, the early breakdown of the booth is prohibited.
- Texas Tech University, University Student Housing, and/or the Student Union Building are not responsible for lost or stolen items, giveaways, or booth decorations.
Restrictions and Prohibited Items
- All food must be catered through Top Tier Catering.
- Only Coca-Cola beverages can be used or given away (including Powerade and Dasani).
- No sand, water fountains, pools, hey/straw (loose or in bales), or margarita-style machines are allowed.
- Live animals are prohibited.
- Power generators are prohibited.
Promotional Items and Giveaways
- Promotional giveaways are acceptable.
- A raffle drawing is permitted, but specific rules MUST be followed.
- Collecting contact information and/or raffle entries is permitted provided information is voluntarily provided by the student.
- Prize may be advertised at your booth, but the drawing for the winner CANNOT take place on University property, nor can the prize be given away on University property.
- We ask that you perform any raffle drawing the following business day from your property to ensure the safety of Texas Tech University and the following of laws preventing raffle or chance drawings within the Institution.
Texas Tech University Solicitation Policy
- Texas Tech University has a strict solicitation policy. Please visit https://www.depts.ttu.edu/sub/universitygrounds/solicitation.php for additional information.
- The Off-Campus Housing Fair is the single annual event dedicated for off-campus properties to advertise to students.
- Violation of the solicitation policy may include, but not be limited to:
- The property representative being escorted off campus by Texas Tech Police.
- The property being excluded from future on-campus events.
- The representative and/or property being banned from entering campus in the future.
- The representative and/or property being subject to appropriate legal action.
- A student or registered student organization violating regulations governing solicitations, advertising, and printed materials are subject to the disciplinary sanctions, conditions, and/or restrictions outlined in the Code of Student Conduct.
- Cancellation requests received prior to January 24, 2022, will qualify for a 50% refund.
- Cancellation requests received after January 24, 2022, will not qualify for a refund.