Professional Designations in Finance
The Area of Finance encourages its students to become familiar with and possibly seek well-respected professional designations and certifications in Finance. By pursuing these programs, students can enhance their competitiveness and signal prospective employers their seriousness about career development.
- Certified Business Appraisers - demonstrates a high level of professional competence and conduct. The CBA accreditation designates the appraiser as a true professional in the field, worthy of the admiration of fellow appraisers and deserving the fullest confidence of clients and potential clients.
- Certified Management Accountant - demonstrates mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, decision support and professional ethics.
- Certified Treasury Professional - demonstrates the knowledge and skills required to effectively execute critical functions related to corporate liquidity, capital and risk management.
- Certified Valuation Analyst - demonstrates qualified skills to provide capable and professionally executed valuation services.
- Chartered Financial Analyst - demonstrates the commitment to excellence required of today's investment professionals.
- Energy Risk Professional - demonstrates skills to capably represent major energy companies, financial institutions with direct and indirect investments in energy, consulting and technology firms with energy-related practices, and government agencies.
- Financial Risk Manager - demonstrates the knowledge of the globally recognized standard of managing risks and what skills are needed of professionals who manage risk.
Real Estate Designations
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson - demonstrates the ability to acts as an intermediary between buyers and sellers of real estate, often supervised by a licensed individual real estate broker. The Rawls College of Business has partnered with EducationStation.net to help current Texas Tech students become a Licensed Real Estate Salesperson while still an undergraduate.
- Licensed Individual Real Estate Broker - demonstrates the ability to own and operate a real estate brokerage.
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) - demonstrates an expertise and experience in commercial and investment real estate.
- MAI - demonstrates the ability and experience of appraisers in the valuation of commercial, industrial, residential, and other types of real estate properties as recognized by the Appraisal Institute.