Center for Sales and Customer Relationship Excellence
Grounded in research, focused on results
Regardless of their majors, more than 50% of college graduates will work in a sales related position, but of the over 4,000 colleges in the United States, less than 100 have sales programs or sales courses. The Center for Sales & Customer Relationship Excellence in the Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech University is designed to prepare and develop future sales and customer relationship management leaders through academic programming, research opportunities, and corporate partnerships.
To advance the knowledge and professional practice of sales and customer relationship management by providing educational and research opportunities to students, faculty, and corporate professionals.
Advance Research & Creative Endeavors
Best Practice Studies, Sales Effectiveness Measures
Enhance Educational Opportunities
Courses, Certificates, Executive Education, Doctoral Studies
Facilitate Action Learning
Experiential Projects, Internships, Competitions, Clinics
Customer Relationship Management & Virtual Reality Tools, Analytics & Simulation, Behavior Lab, Design Lab
Scholarly Outreach & Regional Development
Conferences, Seminars, Faculty Development, Business Advisory Council, Awards
Alliances & Partnerships
Industry and professional associations, Other Universities, Government and Economic Development Centers
Below you can access recordings of several webinars hosted by the Center for Sales & Customer Relationship Excellence as part of the Carlton J. Whitehead Distinguished Speaker Series.
- Driving Cultural and Operational Transformation for Customer Centricity - featuring Rohit Verma
- Technologized Marketing and Customer Experience - featuring Dr. Jürgen Brock
- Women in Sales Leadership Webinar Series featuring Jordan Johnson
- Women in Sales Leadership: Achievers and Trailblazers: Webinar Series featuring Rakhi Voria
- Women in Sales Leadership: Transformers and Trailblazers Webinar Series featuring Ali Carr
- Women in Sales Leadership: Transformers and Trailblazers Webinar Series featuring Aimee DiCicco
- Women in Sales Leadership: Transformers and Trailblazers Webinar Series featuring Debarati Sen
- Great Minds Speak: The Future of the Marketing Discipline featuring Shelby Hunt and Jagdish Sheth
- Shifts in Food Industry Sales and the Supply Chain During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Secrets of the Amazon Invention Machine featuring Bill Carr
- The Role CEOs Play in Shaping the Future of the US featuring Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Customering- Managing Experiences in the Era of Disruptions
Sales and Customer Relationship Management Undergraduate Certificate
Today, building successful sales strategies and establishing meaningful relationships with customers requires new skills. Students studying at Rawls College are encouraged to take advantage of the four-course Sales and Customer Relationship Management Undergraduate Certificate to complement their undergraduate degree and set themselves apart in the professional world.
The Sales and Customer Relationship Management Undergraduate Certificate is specifically designed to prepare students with the critical skills required to develop successful sales strategies, implement new technologies and build and maintain business relationships.
All undergraduate students at the Rawls College, regardless of their major, can choose to pursue the certificate.
Sales & Customer Relationship Strategy Competition
Solving business problems with customized research solutions.
Designed to connect theory to practice, the Sales & Customer Relationship Strategy Competition exposes students to real-world challenges and provides hands-on learning experiences, while at the same time delivering impactful solutions to strategic challenges. Participating companies provide us with a sales strategy challenge and over the course of five months our students will utilize proven frameworks, tools, and strategies to solve and make actionable recommendations on the problem.