Alderson & Griffin Center for Family Business & Entrepreneurship
Connecting family business leaders and entrepreneurs to the Texas Tech community.
Made possible by an endowment from two prominent entrepreneurial families, David and Lisa Alderson, and Texas Tech Regent Mark Griffin and his wife Claudia, the Center for Family Business & Entrepreneurship provides innovative networking opportunities, insightful educational forums and discussions, and relevant academic programs and applied research. The center's community is made up of a wide range of entrepreneurs including emerging leaders, successors, senior generations, students, and key nonfamily executives. By creating partnerships with Texas Tech entrepreneurship programs including think tanks and incubators, the center plays a vital role in engineering a new class of entrepreneurs who will form the family businesses of the future.
Become a Member
By becoming a member, you gain access to a wealth of resources, knowledge, and a supportive community that understands the unique challenges faced by family-owned businesses and entrepreneurial ventures.
Access to Educational Events: Enjoy complimentary attendance at our educational events, programs, workshops, symposia, and the prestigious McCoy Family Speaker Series.
Family Business & Entrepreneurial Support: If you're a family business or family office member, all immediate family members can attend for free. Entrepreneurial business owners can inivite up to three guests at no extra cost. This includes family members or business partners, such as non-family mangagement or key personnel associated with the firm.Join the Alderson & Griffin Center
Access to Expert Staff: Gain access to our dedicated staff, who offer a wide range of services tailored to meet your unique needs as a member.
Emotional Support Network: Joining the Alderson & Griffin Center is about more than just business. Connect with a supportive community of pke-minded individuals who understand the unique challenges of entrepreneurial family firms. Together, we form a powerful support network.
- Speaker series with family business experts and thought leaders
- Sustainability initiatives
- Peer group support with business advisors and annual memberships
- Skill-building forums and workshops
Academics & Research
- New undergraduate certificate in Family Enterprise
- Internships, strategic projects, and job placement within family businesses and start-ups
- Outstanding faculty committed to family business and entrepreneurship
- Research to advance the critical needs of family business
Leadership & Opportunity
- Leadership training and succession planning
- Family business mentors and advisors
- Family Business Awards
- Partnership with TTU Innovation Hub and Institute for Leadership Research
McCoy Family Speaker Series
Established through a generous $1 million gift from McCoy's Building Supply, the McCoy Family Speaker Series aims to enhance the success and impact of family businesses and entrepreneurs in the region and beyond.Learn more