Print Bureau Instructions, Prices, & Downloads
Printing from Your Account
To obtain printing credit, students must add money to their account using a debit or credit card by visiting the PCounter Web Deposit website.
- All unused credit is rolled over to the next semester or the student can receive a refund by visiting the printing office (room 902).
- To prevent someone else from printing on your account, make sure you log off before leaving your computer.
- Credit will be given only for printing errors that are NOT the student's fault. Students must present proof of printing error to the staff in the Print Bureau Manager's office, or to the Lab Assistant.
- Lab Assistants are NOT able to give printing credit.
Please check the Print Bureau Pricing Guide to see the most up-to-date printing prices.
General Printing Information
Our printer accounting software is separate from other departments, including the Architecture Library. Jobs printed by the Print Bureau staff will have an added service fee.
Students are not allowed behind the Print Bureau counter. Lab assistants will lay prints out on the Print Bureau counter. Unclaimed prints will be placed on the tables outside the Print Bureau and discarded if not picked up after a reasonable time.
When printing on large format printers, use the Print Bureau paper sizes or create a custom size to match your document.
You must use the printer presets as a starting point for printing. The presets are defined to choose the paper size in the case of the laser printers, or to choose the paper type and color settings on the large-format printers.
Printing for Other Departments
The College of Architecture offers printing services for other departments. If the department is paying for printing services, the department has the option of using a PCard to pay for the service if the cost does not exceed $500. If paying from an account, the Account Manager of the account must email the Print Bureau staff their authorization and the account number to charge the prints to before the job will be printed.
Files to be printed can be sent by email to the Print Bureau staff or delivered in person to room 902 in the Architecture building. The preferred file format is PDF.
Prints are usually available the same day except when files are received after 3:00 PM. Files received after 3:00 PM will be printed in the morning of the next business day. A per-item service fee of $7 is charged for each service performed by the Print Bureau staff (e.g., printing, mounting, and laminating). Service fees are also charged for other services such as bookbinding and scanning.
The Print Bureau uses the Sterling Digibinder for all bookbinding needs.
- Maximum bookbinding is 2 inches (51mm) thick.
- All bindings are $5.00 each.
- Instructions for laying out books for binding
- 60-inch-wide Choice of available materials*, 12-color pigment inks
- 44-inch-wide Photo Satin paper, 12-color pigment inks
- 24-inch-wide Photo Satin paper, 12-color pigment inks
- 36-inch-wide Coated Bond paper, 12-color pigment inks
- 36-inch-wide Plain Bond 12-color, pigment inks
- 36-inch-wide Clear Film 8-color, pigment inks
*Also available: plain bond, matte, photo, satin cloth, metallic, banner, and canvas.