Free Peer to Peer Tutoring, In-Person, Sunday - Wednesday 7 PM - 10 PM. See Locations and Link Below.
The Residential Tutoring program is designed to provide academic services for students living in the residence halls at Texas Tech University. Residential Tutoring is a completely free service provided for all on-campus students during convenient hours and close to home.
Residential Tutors (RTs) provide peer tutoring in courses that residence hall students struggle with the most frequently, according to campus data. These areas of study are:
- Chemistry (1305, 1307, and 1308)
- Math (1300, 1451, 1452, and 2300)
- Writing (in any subject area)
- Political Science (1301)
- History (2300 and 2301)
- Biology (1403)
- Physics (1403 and 1408)
All tutoring sessions are available Sunday through Wednesday, 7 pm- 10 pm.
- Chitwood/ Weymouth Learning Center (Tutoring Room behind front entrance/lobby)
- Knapp Tutoring Lounge
- Murdough Tutoring Lounge
For more information about Residential Tutoring, please contact:
- Tamara McClain, Ph.D, Assistant Director - Residence Education and Academic Programs
- (806) 742-2661
For information about becoming a Residential Tutor, please visit our Residential Tutor Employment information page.