School of Theatre & Dance
Dance (BA | BFA | Minors)
Students interested in declaring a Dance major or minor for the 2022-2023 academic year must be admitted to the Texas Tech and audition for their dance degree of interest. Students may submit a virtual audition or attend the on-campus audition, Saturday, February 12, 2022.
This audition will also serve as a scholarship audition for prospective students interested in applying for School of Theatre and Dance scholarships provided you apply by the February deadline.
Application and Audition Registration
Applying to the BA or BFA in Dance is a two-step process. First, you must complete your application to Texas Tech University. Next, complete your intended dance program application on RaiderConnect. Create an account there, select APPLICATIONS, then complete the application and all required items for your program of interest. The dance application requires no additional fee; however, an application fee is required for admissions to Texas Tech.
- Resume (limited to one page; includes current contact info, school info, dance training experience, performance experience, awards or scholarships)
- Original composition of 2-3 pages that should address your reasons for pursuing the dance degree of your choice at Texas Tech. In addition, please address your future goals in the dance profession. This composition should showcase competency in basic writing skills.
- 1-minute original solo showcasing individual dance skills (those auditioning for the BA) or choreographic skills (those auditioning for the BFA). Required for both virtual and on-campus auditions.
- For those submitting a virtual audition, see the links below for audition phrasework
- Ballet, Jazz, and Contemporary
- (password is 5678 to access each video)
- The registration deadline for Spring 2022 admission is October 15, 2021.
- The registration deadline for Fall 2022 admission is February 4, 2022.
For more specific information about dance program auditions, please see our Audition Announcement.
Questions concerning the Dance program audition, the BFA or BA in Dance, and/or the Minor in Dance? Please contact our Dance Program Administrative Assistant
Questions concerning the university, School of Theatre & Dance, and/or admissions? Please contact our School of Theatre & Dance Undergraduate Advisor, Abed Monawar