A list of student organizations for Dance in the School of Theatre & Dance.
- Above All Odds (Competitive Hip Hop Team)
- The purpose of "Above All Odds" is to create a competitive learning environment that encourages all dancers to strive for excellence and enjoy the journey by competition means. We believe each dancer can increase her/his physical stamina, emotional, and intellectual prosperity through our dance team. Our team will be a mix of students with different dance backgrounds at any dance level, that want to excel in competition. Our goal is to provide quality dance instruction and dance routines through loving, professional instructors in a fun learning environment. Above All Odds promotes self-confidence, discipline, and appreciation through dance.
- Ballroom Dance at Texas Tech
- The Tech Ballroom Dance Team is an organization of people who enjoy learning to dance! We take lessons in Waltz, Swing, Foxtrot, Country, Salsa, and many others. Come learn to dance and, if you're inclined, show off your moves with the team at collegiate ballroom competitions across the state! All Texas Tech students and faculty are welcome and no prior experience or partner is required.
- Chi Tau Epsilon (Honors Society)
- Chi Tau Epsilon, a National Dance Honor Society, promoting community service and the engagement of the Arts. The Beta Chapter located at Texas Tech University is actively involved in the Lubbock Community with organizations like The Hospice of Lubbock, City of Lubbock, and Lubbock Independent School District.
- Dancers with Soul (Competitive Hip Hop Team)
- Dancers with Soul: Hip Hop Dance Team is for anyone who is interested in learning hip-hop dance styles, performing, and learning how to work with a team. We are Texas Tech's first hip hop team and are proud to be able to show our love of dance to the university and local community. We have performed at many local schools, clubs, Texas Tech events, and community events. Our goal is to reach out to the community and show that dancing can be a healthy, creative outlet.
- Latin Dance Club
- Latin Dance Club is a group for students who enjoy social dancing or wish to learn it. We provide free dance lessons taught by our members. We also host social gatherings to put our moves to the test!
- Tech Kahaani (Bollywood Dance Team)
- Tech Kahaani is a coed dance team that expresses culture and diversity through Bollywood fusion dancing. We perform at on/off-campus events & competitions as well as actively volunteering to give back to the growing diverse community.
- Texas Tech Pom Squad
- Vitality Dance Company
- VDC is a student organization for dancers. Membership can be obtained by auditioning at the beginning of the fall or spring semester. Members will choreograph and perform pieces in various dance styles including but not limited to contemporary, hip hop, jazz, and lyrical. VDC holds one practice per week and will have performances in the fall and spring semesters. Pieces will be placed in performances on an audition basis. Members will also participate in community service, fundraisers, and company bonding nights.
A list of student organizations for Theatre in the School of Theatre & Dance.
- Alpha Psi Omega (Honor Society)
- A National Honorary Dramatic fraternity. Its purpose is to stimulate interest in theatre activities at Texas Tech University. By electing students to membership, the fraternity provides a reward for their participation in the theatre activities of the college.
- BurkTech Players
- An ensemble of artists from Texas Tech's Burkhart Center for Autism Education and Research and School of Theatre & Dance, The BurkTech Players provides a nurturing environment to encourage, extol, and extend collaboration through shared experiences of the performing arts with individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Script Raiders
- The purpose of Script Raiders is to create opportunities for writing and producing original scripts by playwriting, screenwriting, and creative writing students, faculty, and alumni of Texas Tech University and to develop and foster all areas of the playwriting process through encouraging cooperation and collaboration among members.
- The Sentient Nuts
- The Sentient Nuts perform improvisational comedy and unscripted theatre events on campus and in the Lubbock area. The organization also seeks to build partnerships with compatible organizations, engaging in community outreach and Applied Improvisation through educational workshops, trainings, and seminars.
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology Student Chapter (USITT)
- A professional organization dedicated to the continued education of its membership. Areas addressed are new technology, environmental and safety issues, professional ethics, job search, networking among the various design disciplines. Legal assistance and insurance programs are also a concern for the freelance professionals. USITT includes professionals in Architecture, Lighting, Costumes, Set Design, Sound Design, Technical Direction, Educational Theatre, Management, CAD applications, equipment development and sales, event design and management.
School of Theatre and Dance
AddressTexas Tech University, School of Theatre and Dance, Box 42061, 2812 18th Street, Lubbock, TX 79409-2061