School of Theatre & Dance
BFA Acting Prescreen Audition Requirements
Students interested in declaring for the BFA Acting program for the 2022-2023 academic year must submit a prescreen audition via Raiderconnect. Create your account there, then select APPLICATIONS and choose the College of Visual & Performing Arts Application at the bottom of the page. Questions about the application? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This audition will also serve as a scholarship audition for prospective students interested in applying for School of Theatre and Dance scholarships provided you apply by December 1, 2021.
Each piece should be filmed/uploaded as a separate piece of media. No continuous videos.
- There should not be a separate "slate" video. Instead slates are to appear at the beginning of each piece. The proper slate for a song is to share your name, the song title, and show in which it appears.
- The proper slate for a monologue is to share your name, the title of the play, and the playwright.
- Monologues must be from a published play.
- Monologues cannot be from musicals, television shows, or movies.
- Each monologue file should be 60-90 seconds in length (this time limit includes the slate at the beginning of the piece and is strictly adhered to; please do not upload media files longer than 90 seconds)
Two, 60-90 second monologues
1 Contemporary (written after 1900); Contemporary monologue should be filmed in a "close-up" shot which means the top of the head to the chest should be visible in the frame.
1 Classical (written pre-1900); Classical monologue should be filmed in a "full body" shot which means the top of the head to the feet on the floor should be visible in the frame. Only perform Shakespeare if you feel comfortable doing so.
Wild Card (Required)
Submissions should be no more than 60 seconds.
This media can be ANYTHING you want: a special skill, an interesting story about yourself, a passion speech, an instrument that you play, etc. "What do you want us to know about you?" and "What makes you unique?".
BFA Acting Callbacks
The invitation-only callbacks for students interested in the BFA ACTING program for the 2022-2023 academic year are February 12, 2022.
BFA program callbacks will be held on campus.
Callback Registration Form
Applicants who receive an invitation for a callback, must register at their earliest convenience. See the form below for more information.
The registration deadline is February 4, 2022.
BFA Acting Callback Form
Dean Nolen, Head of Acting/Directing, with questions concerning the BFA program.
Rebecca Taylor, Research Assistant, with questions concerning the pre-screen auditions and the virtual callbacks.