MD Ashraful Goni
Room Number: 702
Bachelor's in Social Science (BSS), University of Dhaka
Master's in Social Science (MSS), University of Dhaka
View Full CV
BiographyMr. MD Asraful Goni is a Ph.D. student in the College of Media & Communication at Texas Tech University. He is also working as an Assistant Professor ( on study leave) at the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism (MC&J) at Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP). He earned Bachelor's and master's degrees in Mass Communication and Journalism from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Mr. Goni has a four-years-long teaching and research career in Bangladesh.
ResearchI am passionate about the complex relationship between technology, media, society, and culture. I have developed a particular interest in Artificial intelligence (AI) and Media, on which I am actively conducting empirical research. To enhance my theoretical knowledge of AI in the Cross-cultural domain I have published a few articles on related issues. I also like to work on LGBTQ+ communication in virtual spaces.
- Content Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Journalism Human-Machine Communication
- LGBTQ+ communication
Selected Publications• Goni, Md Ashraful, and Maliha Tabassum. 2020. “Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Journalism: Is Bangladesh Ready for It? A Study on Journalism Students in Bangladesh.” Athens Journal of Mass Media and Communications Volume 6(Issue 4):209–28. doi: 10.30958/ajmmc/v6i4.
• Makbul, N. E., & Goni, M. A. (2022). Bangladesh's Invisible Cyberqueers: Self-Image, Identity Management, and Erotic Expressions on Grindr. In LGBTQ Digital Cultures (pp. 210-223). Routledge.
• Tabassum, Maliha and Goni, MD Ashraful (2020): Tied to the Mobile Phone: Exploring the Nature of
Nomophobia among the Students of Bangladesh University of Professionals, BUP Journal Volume 8(Issue 1):41-56.
- Distinguished Graduate Student Assistantship in the College of Media & Communication for the upcoming academic year starting in the fall of 2021.
- Sitara Parven Award for outstanding result in BSS final exam of Mass Communication and Journalism
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409