Center for Communication Research
The Center for Communication Research (CCR) at Texas Tech University is the country's premier academic research facility for the study of communication, media processing, and effects. Housed within the College of Media & Communication, the CCR is unique in that no other program in the country offers the collection of research technologies as a shared, college-wide resource to support all faculty and student researchers in the College. It regularly engages with partners both within and outside the academic sector to explore communication-related issues across contexts and disciplines, including the STEM fields, health sciences, and the private sector.
The CCR plays a crucial role in advancing all three of Texas Tech University's strategic priorities:
1. Enable innovative research and creative activities
The CCR enables innovative research and creative activities by providing faculty and student researchers with access to state-of-the-art research technologies.
- Eye Tracking Labs
- Biometrics and Psychophysiology
- Continuous Response Measurement
- VR & Gaming
- In-Home Simulation
- Focus Group Lab
- Online Survey Software
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis Software
Faculty and student researchers use CCR labs and technologies to advance scholarship in communication across contexts, including health, environmental issues, political communication, persuasion, entertainment, and more.
2. Educate and empower a diverse student body
The CCR educates and empowers a diverse student body by providing a training ground where undergraduate and graduate student researchers can apply their research skills in world-class facilities.
- Integration with courses and curricula across the college through support for class activities
- Support for student researchers in faculty lab groups and undergraduate research projects
- Facilities and software for MA and PhD student dissertations and theses
3. Transform lives and communities through engaged scholarship
Through the CCR, CoMC faculty and student researchers advance engaged scholarship with partners both within and outside the academic sector to explore communication-related issues across contexts and disciplines, including the STEM fields, health sciences, and the private sector.
- Support for service-learning classes
- Direct partnership with external organizations and clients
- Research support for interdisciplinary projects across the university
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409